Wiki Posts
Search

New mileage accumulation tables from 1st May

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: ITA Executive
New mileage accumulation tables from 1st May

Just been emailed by AZ informing me that the mileage accumulation tables will change from 1 May.

The email puts the emphasis on the fact that the most deeply discounted fare classes will see an increase in miles. This is indeed true (except for FCO-LIN, see below).

But when you examine the new tables and compare with them the current ones, you can see that they have sneakily shifted various Classica and Classica Plus fare classes into lower mileage earning brackets, in particular for the FCO-LIN "Easy" tariffs, which sees all fare classes except Y set to earn fewer miles from May.

You can see details here:
http://www.alitalia.com/it_it/millem...ccumula_miglia

then click "MIGLIA CON I VOLI ALITALIA". (Helpfully the old and new tables are easily comparable).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:26 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Link to the English web page

old and new
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
I compared the two carefully, the changes are minimal. Most relevant, discounted classica plus fares have 150% mileage and not 200%.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:49 am

Business class still earns 300%, which I think remains quite generous.

What concerns me more is that they are changing the redemption values for SkyTeam flights from 1 July 2014 (apologies if it has already been reported on this forum, but I've just noticed it). Just an example: Europe-US redemptions in business class on SkyTeam partners are currently 80k; from 1 July this will become 100k...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by flying_pig
Business class still earns 300%, which I think remains quite generous.

What concerns me more is that they are changing the redemption values for SkyTeam flights from 1 July 2014 (apologies if it has already been reported on this forum, but I've just noticed it). Just an example: Europe-US redemptions in business class on SkyTeam partners are currently 80k; from 1 July this will become 100k...
IIRC this was announced back at the end of 2012 when the new MilleMiglia edition was introduced.
Old May 3, 2014, 4:36 am

The only change for Economy class (outside of FCO-LIN) is that discounted fares now earn 250 qualifying miles (125 on domestic) instead of 100 non-qualifying miles. That's a good change, and also makes segment-based status attainment easier. It's also now definitely better than Flying Blue which IIRC gives you 187 miles on low (and even not-so-low) fares.

As for FCO-LIN, I guess it's not such an elite route anymore.

A pity that Classica Plus has been downgraded. It generally seems like a class that's too expensive for what it's worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.