Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia lounges when transferring at FCO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Originally Posted by bungler
No worries! Three and a half hours is absolutely plenty.

I heard rumours of food improvement in lounges starting this month, but I don't know if it's confirmed.
Thanks bungler! I'll be passing with my wife who has no FF status. If we get out of our plane, go to Dolce Vita and then have to re-clear security before boarding flight to PSA, how much time do we have left in the Dolce Vita? I have no clue about the security at FCO...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:14 pm

About one to one and a half hours I guess. To be safe I would go through security 90 minutes before your flight.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Would anyone be able to sponsor lounge access for me at FCO on Monday 23rd June, as I am down to Flying Blue Silver? Arrival is from AUH at 1215 with departure to LCY at 1740. I guess there's not really enough time to go into Rome on that layover.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
With about 3 hours transferring T1 to T3. Do I have enough time for Dolce Vita?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bungler
If you stay airside there is no extra security check, only a passport check. Two hours connection time is ample but probably not ample enough to check out the landside lounge.
Really? I find that hard to believe, have always had to clear security upon landing and connecting to another flight. If not, I will certainly buy a couple of bottles of water in the U.S. to take for my onward connections...that's why I am particularly interested. My itinerary is ORD-FCO-AMS, if that makes a difference.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Really? I find that hard to believe, have always had to clear security upon landing and connecting to another flight. If not, I will certainly buy a couple of bottles of water in the U.S. to take for my onward connections...that's why I am particularly interested. My itinerary is ORD-FCO-AMS, if that makes a difference.
I always had the extra security check in Rome BUT last week we didn't get re screened coming in from MIA, so maybe this has changed in the last few months.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by raistlin
I always had the extra security check in Rome BUT last week we didn't get re screened coming in from MIA, so maybe this has changed in the last few months.
Wow, does anyone else know? This would be great for those that like to keep bottled water with them.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:15 am

My GF is flying IST-FCO (on TK) then FCO-IAD-ORD on UA all in business. She arrives at 11:50 pm and her flight is to IAD is the following morning at 10 AM. Any recommendations on where she can spend this excruciating layover, lounges, etc? She holds a Turkish passport and doesn't currently hold an up to date schengen visa, so I don't believe leaving the transit area is an option.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated! She is about to check in at IST soon...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

I think I was referring to Shenghen - FCO - non-Shenghen itineraries. On the other way round there is usually a security check.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:52 am

Which lounge would we get to visit? Will we have to go through security again?

IST-FCO-LHR (AZ) business class
layover
LHR-LAX (VS)

Luggage will hopefully be checked through to LAX so we will only have hand luggage at FCO. Thanks ^
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:24 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Despite being SkyTeam Elite Plus, I was denied lounge access at D because I had a domestic Italy flight but had not arrived on a SkyTeam carrier. What an awful, useless alliance if this is true. For this and other reasons, I'm pretty much done with AZ. I'm glad I have a choice in airlines.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Spiff
Despite being SkyTeam Elite Plus, I was denied lounge access at D because I had a domestic Italy flight but had not arrived on a SkyTeam carrier. What an awful, useless alliance if this is true. For this and other reasons, I'm pretty much done with AZ. I'm glad I have a choice in airlines.
That's precisely the text of the rules for Skyteam: you need to be connecting internationally on Skyteam to use the lounge. If you were an Alitalia CFA/CFP, you would have been admitted.

Your airline of preference would do the same to me viceversa.

BTW: this is true also for Oneworld.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by raistlin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

That's precisely the text of the rules for Skyteam: you need to be connecting internationally on Skyteam to use the lounge. If you were an Alitalia CFA/CFP, you would have been admitted.

Your airline of preference would do the same to me viceversa.

BTW: this is true also for Oneworld.
It is absolutely not true for Oneworld. If I have a domestic AA flight with no international component at all, I can wave my Qantas card and get into the lounge. And, if an AC, get drink chits too.

SkyTeam's access rules stink. I'm glad I have a choice.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:14 am

Thinking about it, I am pretty much done with KLM. A couple of years ago, as a valued Elite member (Silver!), I was denied access to their lounge in Amsterdam; adding to misery, I was even asked to pay 25 Euros [had I eventually decided to enter]. Some rules are just unacceptable. It's good job that I can still reach Amsterdam by train or via Munich.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Oct 27, 2014 at 7:22 am
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Thinking about it, I am pretty much done with KLM. A couple of years ago, as a valued Elite member (Silver!), I was denied access to their lounge in Amsterdam; adding to misery, I was even asked to pay 25 Euros [had I eventually decided to enter]. Some rules are just unacceptable. It's good job that I can still reach Amsterdam by train or via Munich.
golly gosh! that is clearly unprofessional. This lack of customer-oriented focus must clearly be punished by switching to another alliance at once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.