Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble Completing a Booking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/MM
Trouble Completing a Booking

Found a very nice fare this evening and decided to purchase. Put everything into the search, select the flights and cabin, fill in the passenger information. Everything looks fine to this point.

Click Continue or whatever it is and it takes me back to the first page asking for city pairs and dates.

Temporary glitch? Better to call in the morning? TIA
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:11 am

The website is a bit moody of late. Yeah I would say try again and if all else fails call.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/MM
Turns out the problem was with the online pricing. I called and booked the 8 segment trip with an agent and it priced $500 above what the online price was. (This actually made sense and was still below my initial expectations.) Apparently, from what the agent said after a bit of research, the online price was for a single destination trip but the fare rules for a two destination trip were different.

Online, it apparently assumed one destination at the beginning of the process and priced it that way but at the end got totally confused. Rather than saying "call me" it just gave up and restarted.

Later, for another person sharing part of the journey (a six segment trip pretty much the same as the first itinerary with the exception of not having two segments in the middle), it priced online and was able to be purchased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.