Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia and API?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Alitalia and API?

I'm travelling with Alitalia to the US soon and had expected to get a request for API. There's nowhere online to do it and when I sent them an e-mail about it, rather than giving me an answer, they told me to call the call centre to ask them. Anyone who has ever spoken to their call centre will understand why I don't want to rush into doing that.

So, Alitalia, API and flights to the US, does anyone know the deal with it?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I had the same problem but as I had a segment with DL was able to log in on the Dl site and enter the API.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
Jez Myers
Go here https://mm.alitalia.com/ru_en/BOOKING/Apvsearch.aspx

login using az PNR

(Sometimes you need to also put a MR or MRS behind ur first name to make it work)
at the bottom u will find the link to enter the apis then (when the reservation is shown)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

thank you!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:41 am

I'm trying with the italian link and it doesn't work, with this link it works, Alitalia site is so weird!!!

Do you think is it ok to insert APIS on the link mentioned above or better call to be sure?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by gimbo
I'm trying with the italian link and it doesn't work, with this link it works, Alitalia site is so weird!!!

Do you think is it ok to insert APIS on the link mentioned above or better call to be sure?
APIS is okay with that link, and in any case it will be okay even if you just have the check in at the airport inserting it...
Old May 13, 2016, 11:45 pm

I've logged into Alitalia to look where to enter the Api. I can't see anywhere to enter it and worryingly the status says - the ticket has not been issued - the reservation expires on 07/05/16.

Anyone know what this means as I have paid for the flight?

I'm a bit worried now so any help would be really appreciated.
Old May 14, 2016, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Loobs72
I've logged into Alitalia to look where to enter the Api. I can't see anywhere to enter it and worryingly the status says - the ticket has not been issued - the reservation expires on 07/05/16.

Anyone know what this means as I have paid for the flight?

I'm a bit worried now so any help would be really appreciated.
Loobs72,

Initially, a very warm welcome on behalf of all of us here at FT.

You shouldn't be worrying about your ticket's status as this is a [sadly] renowned glitch which has been there for ages and I'm not going to start a rant towards the airline's distinct (for all the wrong reasons) IT department because this is most certainly not the right thread. For peace of mind, you could either give AZ a call or enter your ticket/PNR number on the relevant section of the Saudi Airlines' website (yes, it should work). Concerning API: there is an option to enter data through the manage my booking section - let us know if you struggle.

G
Old May 14, 2016, 4:33 am

Thanks for your reply.

I am in the My Bookings page on Alitalia which shows the flight but cannot see the option you mean to enter the data. I'm from the uk but are flying to Rome with Jet2, then flying from Rome to Verona with Alitalia and the Verona to uk with Monarch. It is just the Alitalia one I'm struggling with.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Loobs72
Thanks for your reply.

I am in the My Bookings page on Alitalia which shows the flight but cannot see the option you mean to enter the data. I'm from the uk but are flying to Rome with Jet2, then flying from Rome to Verona with Alitalia and the Verona to uk with Monarch. It is just the Alitalia one I'm struggling with.
There are no API requirements on flights within Italy that's why you're unable to find the relevant option through the manage my booking option. I hope this helps!

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.