Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
+1 (but these short domestic hops ex FCO are often late, so...)
True - and often boarding (especially when the aircraft is docked on a gate) lasts until a couple of minutes before departure time.

G
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thoughts on a 2 hour 40 minutes connection for Vueling to Alitalia with the need to pick up and re-check bags (Vueling flight due to arrive at 5:30pm and AZ flight leaves at 8:10pm)?

No interline between Vueling and Alitalia so we'll have to actually pick the bags up. Will be coming from JTR and connecting to CDG at FCO on AZ so it's Schengen the whole way which I think eliminates the need to clear immigration / customs. Y on both flights and no ST status.

Never transited FCO in any capacity before so don't have much insight to it.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:50 pm

Easy! Lots of time for an expresso, including while waiting for your luggage (30 min?).
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:51 am

My flight was the first one to land today at FCO, at 5:50. We started deplaning at 5:55 the monitor at the luggage belt indicated that bags would start arriving at 6:22 (yes!), and the first batch appeared at 6:35. My two pieces with priority label appeared with the second batch at 6:50. Next to the next was a monitor with ads, one of which said that ADR had succeeded in making FCO the #1 hub in Europe. Just reminding people connecting that MCT is supposed to be 60 minutes. Well...
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:14 am

I land next Sunday(18 December) at FCO from LHR at 20:25 with Alitalia, my connection is to Bucharest again with Alitalia for hour and 25 minutes, is it possible? I land on T3 and depart from T1
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Genata2008
I land next Sunday(18 December) at FCO from LHR at 20:25 with Alitalia, my connection is to Bucharest again with Alitalia for hour and 25 minutes, is it possible? I land on T3 and depart from T1
Comfortable in normal circumstances and even with a slight delay landing from LHR.

G
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Next month I have a 1h25 min connection TLV-FCO-LHR. I guess it should be ok, however, it's the last LHR flight of the day. If the TLV is delayed and I miss the LHR flight, are AZ good at providing accomodation, or do I have to flight? It's an AF award ticket in Y, and I am AZ FAP.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by shefgab
Next month I have a 1h25 min connection TLV-FCO-LHR. I guess it should be ok, however, it's the last LHR flight of the day. If the TLV is delayed and I miss the LHR flight, are AZ good at providing accomodation, or do I have to flight? It's an AF award ticket in Y, and I am AZ FAP.
Plenty of time (in normal circumstances), chances are that your TLV flight will dock on to a gate within the brand new satellite (gates E), where your AZ210 back to London will depart from. In the event of a major delay, you'll get accommodation and a seat on the morning flight to LCY (or at least that was my experience on 3 occasions earlier this year!).

G
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Plenty of time (in normal circumstances), chances are that your TLV flight will dock on to a gate within the brand new satellite (gates E), where your AZ210 back to London will depart from. In the event of a major delay, you'll get accommodation and a seat on the morning flight to LCY (or at least that was my experience on 3 occasions earlier this year!).

G
Perfect. I don't mind an overnight in FCO at AZs expense, but will also be interesting to be on the last arriving flight of the day into LHR. And the night tube will be running (albeit not to T4), so a severe delay in LHR won't be a massive issue.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:51 pm

Lax -> fco -> bcn

I have a 1 hr 50 min connection between Alitalia flights all under one booking. I will have a checked bag and possible carry-on and I have a US passport. Also as a side note, would it be possible to go from BCN to la Biblioteca Fort Pienc for a meeting? I have no idea as to what to expect upon landing or time estimates for airport business. I've researched that it's approx. 1 hr bus away from the airport.

1. LAX -> FCO
4:15 pm -> 1:10 pm land in Terminal 3
flight #621

2. FCO -> BCN
3 pm -> 4:50 pm
terminal 1 -> terminal 1
flight #76

----return trip------
3. BCN->FCO
6:25 am -> 8:10 am
terminal 1 -> terminal 1
flight #75

4. FCO -> LAX
10:10 am -> 2:15 pm
Terminal 3 -> terminal B
flight #620
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by summerstudy
I have a 1 hr 50 min connection between Alitalia flights all under one booking. I will have a checked bag and possible carry-on and I have a US passport. Also as a side note, would it be possible to go from BCN to la Biblioteca Fort Pienc for a meeting? I have no idea as to what to expect upon landing or time estimates for airport business. I've researched that it's approx. 1 hr bus away from the airport.

1. LAX -> FCO
4:15 pm -> 1:10 pm land in Terminal 3
flight #621

2. FCO -> BCN
3 pm -> 4:50 pm
terminal 1 -> terminal 1
flight #76

----return trip------
3. BCN->FCO
6:25 am -> 8:10 am
terminal 1 -> terminal 1
flight #75

4. FCO -> LAX
10:10 am -> 2:15 pm
Terminal 3 -> terminal B
flight #620
Hi and welcome to FlyerTalk, summerstudy.

Your connections in Rome -both on your way to Spain and back to LA- should be plain sailing (assuming no major delays, needless to say). With regards to the meeting once in Barcelona, I have no idea but other posters may be able to advise on that for you.

Again, welcome to FT.

G
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Hi and welcome to FlyerTalk, summerstudy.

Your connections in Rome -both on your way to Spain and back to LA- should be plain sailing (assuming no major delays, needless to say). With regards to the meeting once in Barcelona, I have no idea but other posters may be able to advise on that for you.

Again, welcome to FT.

G
Just adding that there is a ~800 meters long walk between T3 and T1 (I assume you continue on Alitalia). If your flight to BCN is on another airline, the walk is about 400 meters long.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Just adding that there is a ~800 meters long walk between T3 and T1 (I assume you continue on Alitalia). If your flight to BCN is on another airline, the walk is about 400 meters long.
Thank you for the kind welcome! And the timely reply! I was worried over reading other forums saying that I was going to have to recheck my bag or that it will most surely get lost and not make it to me in BCN until days later.. if I do continue on Alitalia I won't have to recheck right? Sorry for so many questions, it will be my first time abroad alone!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by summerstudy
Thank you for the kind welcome! And the timely reply! I was worried over reading other forums saying that I was going to have to recheck my bag or that it will most surely get lost and not make it to me in BCN until days later.. if I do continue on Alitalia I won't have to recheck right?
If both of your flights are on AZ you check your bag to BCN when departing from LAX and retrieve it after arriving in Barcelona.

Sorry for so many questions, it will be my first time abroad alone!
No problem, there's always a first time with everything! Enjoy it!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Based on what I've read here, and my own knowledge of FCO, I've bitten the bullet and bought a ticket on Aegean to connect with a (non-refundable) ticket I already had on BA. The only other (sensible) option was to fly ATH-FCO on AZ and arrive 3 hours earlier.

Details are: arrive FCO from ATH at 10:10, and depart FCO for LHR at 11:45. I assume A3 arrives at T1 and I know BA departs T3 (a little walk will be involved).

I won't have any checked bags and am Star Gold and OneWorld Emerald, so I hope that will help too. I willl be travelling on a UK passport and intend to OLCI for the BA flight.

So, I'm hoping that this will be relatively trouble free, but who knows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.