Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Did you read post # 159 ?
I did, thanks. I know that the airline will rebook if I miss a connection in my case, but I was looking to anecdotally anticipate the probability of that happening. MCT being an ideal scenario, I am always up for getting thoughts on a more realistic situation.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:11 am

Is this a doable connection?

ATH-FCO on A3 arriving at 09:50
FCO-SIN on SQ departing at 11:15

All booked on the same ticket.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by nikolask

In normal circumstances (i.e. assuming no major delays), yes.

G
nikolask likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by nikolask

AlicorporateUK's answer is correct. I answer your post, though, to simply stress that this is the AZ forum, while you're flying A3 and SQ. There is a similar sticky thread in the Italy forum, which is where your question should have been posted. Of course, you'd have gotten the same answer...

Last edited by KLouis; Aug 30, 2017 at 8:29 pm Reason: added link
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
AlicorporateUK's answer is correct. I answer your post, though, to simply stress that this is the AZ forum, while you're flying A3 and SQ. There is a similar sticky thread in the Italy forum, which is where your question should have been posted. Of course, you'd have gotten the same answer...
Thanks KL ^

G
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Sorry to bump this thread but couldn't search for a T3-T3 connection

Thinking of doing this which I believe it all within FCO T3

HKG - xFCO - LHR

Arrival: CX293 650am
Departure: BA 810am

Will be on one ticket. Connection time is 1hr20mins which is above MCT - do you think I will have any major issues assuming flight lands on time? Presume I will only need to clear security once?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Sorry to bump this thread but couldn't search for a T3-T3 connection

Thinking of doing this which I believe it all within FCO T3

HKG - xFCO - LHR

Arrival: CX293 650am
Departure: BA 810am

Will be on one ticket. Connection time is 1hr20mins which is above MCT - do you think I will have any major issues assuming flight lands on time? Presume I will only need to clear security once?
Easy, go for it.

G
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:41 am

Hello,

Flying out of LHR to TLV with a connection at FCO. I have 65 mins to get from T3 to T1 (one ticket) all flights operated by Alitalia.

Here's the full itinerary:

Departure
07:25 Mon, 26 Mar London (United Kingdom) - Heathrow (LHR)
Terminal 4 Alitalia
AZ 201 Alitalia

Arrival
10:55 Mon, 26 Mar Rome (Italy) - Fiumicino (FCO)
Terminal 3 Aircraft type - 32S Class - Economy

Transfer duration: 1 hour 05 minutes

Departure
12:00 Mon, 26 Mar Rome (Italy) - Fiumicino (FCO)
Terminal 1 Alitalia
AZ 808 Alitalia

Arrival
15:20 Mon, 26 Mar Tel Aviv (Israel) - Ben-Gurion International (TLV)

Return
Duration:
7 hours 40 minutes
Departure
17:25 Mon, 2 Apr Tel Aviv (Israel) - Ben-Gurion International (TLV)
Terminal 3 Alitalia
AZ 813 Alitalia

Arrival
20:15 Mon, 2 Apr Rome (Italy) - Fiumicino (FCO)

Transfer duration: 1 hour 05 minutes

Departure
21:20 Mon, 2 Apr Rome (Italy) - Fiumicino (FCO)
Terminal 1 Alitalia
AZ 210 Alitalia

Arrival
23:05 Mon, 2 Apr London (United Kingdom) - Heathrow (LHR)
Terminal 4 Aircraft type - 32S Class - Economy

Cheers!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:40 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk, @Step18 - good to have you here amongst us.
Concerning your connection in Rome: your flights will arrive/depart from the same concourse (E) and, assuming no delays, you shouldn’t have any issues.

That said, please let us know should you want us to address any further or indeed specific question in relation to the above.

G
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:14 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I've got a bunch for trips from LHR to South America via FCO with AZ during Feb/Mar. All outbounds are on AZ207 from LHR to FCO and the outbounds from FCO to SCL/GIG/EZE are all at about the same time in the late evening, e.g.

AZ207 LHR16:55 FCO20:30
Transit 01H30M
AZ688 FCO22:00 SCL09:15+1

I have not been to FCO in a couple of years and I've see from http://www.adr.it/documents/10157/55...i_24luglio.pdf that all AZ short/medium hauls use T1 and long hauls use T3. In the past my flights where with BA to/from the satellite terminal (is that T5 and is it closed? see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonar..._note-adr.it-6). Is 01H30M enough to get from T1 to T3? On the returns I'll be going arriving into T3 and leaving from T1 from South America to LHR?

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:01 pm

Forget the short/medium/long haul thingy — your flights will all arrive and depart to/from the non-Schengen’s concourse, meaning E (forget also T1/3/5 as this is only relevant for check-in purposes e.g. AZ/AF/KL/DL’s check-in desks are all located in T1). That aside, you should be absolutely fine with the above mentioned connection (assuming, needless to say, no major delays).

G
siw likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:36 pm
siw

AlicorporateUK, thanks for the replies. Is pier E the satellite terminal which is accessed using the monorail?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by siw
AlicorporateUK, thanks for the replies. Is pier E the satellite terminal which is accessed using the monorail?
You’re most welcome. Gates E31-44 are indeed located within a separate pier and accessible via ‘air-link’ (very similar to the one at Birmingham), this is exactly where you need to go for the ‘good’ lounge.

G
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:37 pm

@siw: The annotations shown in black background are wrong and therefore misleading! I guess that you added them yourself to the satellite image and they're not from Google maps. Anyway, AlicorporateUK is 100% correct. You'll have no problem connecting in 90 minutes if your incoming flights are on time.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:31 am
siw

Yes, I did add the text to the map to help explain my questions. As I said in my post in the MCT thread I do not know the terminal and pier numbering at FCO, hence I was using the map to gain clarification. So when I see on the map four buildings and there are four named terminals (see wiki page on FCO) I assumed, like at LHR, LGW etc., that each building was a terminal. But it was clarified that it's the areas in the check-in halls which are called teriminals at FCO! Subsequently, I could not see where the pier naming came in to it as, again based on LHR, a terminal with multiple piers would have them named, e.g. LHR T5 piers being 5B, 5C. If I could have found an anotated map, i.e. at wikipedia/FCO website/google images I would have used it instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.