Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
enjoy your flight and remember to post a TR
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:59 pm

best economy seats

Hi, I just booked YYZ to FCO and back. Looks like it'll be the old A330-200. Does any one know what seats 34JK, 35JK, 36JK are? From the seat map, it looks like they are curtained off in a separate section but are they still economy seats with extra legroom? What about 38JK - are they good seats?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Keith.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by keithr88
Hi, I just booked YYZ to FCO and back. Looks like it'll be the old A330-200. Does any one know what seats 34JK, 35JK, 36JK are? From the seat map, it looks like they are curtained off in a separate section but are they still economy seats with extra legroom? What about 38JK - are they good seats?

Keith.
I'm curious about AZ's continued use of the old 332's on the YYZ-FCO route. I have a J class booking for this route in April, not sure whether there's any chance of the new A330-200s being added to the YYZ-FCO route. I thought the 332s were going to be entirely phased out.

EDIT: I found this review of the YYZ-FCO trip from Dec 2012 -- looks like this person had the new 330. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/232882/

Last edited by Sam_AE; Jan 14, 2014 at 10:14 pm
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
EDIT: I found this review of the YYZ-FCO trip from Dec 2012 -- looks like this person had the new 330. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/232882/
**EDIT** Found a bunch of other reviews, (read them all at http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/alit.htm) one from Sept 2013 and the other from Oct 2013 -- looks like AZ is swapping between the old and new 330:
Alitalia Customer review : 31 October 2013 by Tony Laverghetta (Canada) Rating : 9/10

29 Oct, FCO-YYZ one way. Brand new A330-200, clean and bright. Check-in was easy, as I traveled with carry-on only, I printed my boarding pass through AZ kiosk. Cabin crew (almost only men) very attentive and nice, food very good, good choice of drinks, open bar at the back. seat just fine, being 183 cm long I had some problems stretching my legs, so I had to go for some walk through the flight. departed and landed on time, boarding was a bit chaotic, as AZ call for a generic economy boarding, they don't go by rows. I understand it is not one of the best airlines in the world, but what they provide is above average. there is always a touch of Italian fashion in any aspect of the flight.
Alitalia Customer review : 16 September 2013 by J Judy (Canada) Rating : 2/10

we flew from Toronto to Rome and connected on to Tel Aviv. We then flew return. These flights, however, were truly awful. It is the YYZ-FCO routes that were terrible. I spoke to many different Alitalia contacts to find out beforehand if there were personal TVs on board and was told each time, there would be as these were all new planes. When we arrived at the airport in Toronto, we found out it was A330 AirOne flight we were taking. It was one of the oldest and dirtiest airplanes I have been on. The ash tray between the seats was filled with chewed up gum, the seats had no cushioning, there were no personal TVs, and it was just all around dirty. While I picked up dinner in the airport, my family got the on board meals which looked awful. Yes, we got there safely, but the dirty plane, awful meals, and lack of personal TVs on such a long flight, made it a terrible flight. On the way back, again, very old A330, but this time, I think the state of the plane was even worse than the one going there. While we chose our seats months in advance, we ended up with 2 rows of 2 right in front of the WC, and the last row did not recline at all. They had changed the plane so that the configuration we chose from was not the one we flew. This plane was even dirtier with yellow padding under the seats showing, duct tape to hold together some of the seats. The attendants came around once in 10 hours with water. The first meals was provided right after take off and the second more than 8 hours later, just before we landed. We will never fly Alitalia again long haul. Our short hauls between FCO and Tel Aviv were an A321, newer, and just fine. So, we'll fly a short haul, but never a long haul.

Last edited by Sam_AE; Jan 15, 2014 at 4:56 am
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:26 am

Keith.
Keith

I did some seat searches on ExpertFlyer -- I'm not sure when you're flying but it looks like AZ is flying the new A330s from YYZ until April 1st... then things appear to switch over to the old 330-200. Lucky me -- my flight is in April so I could be stuck with the old equipment.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:31 pm

Hi Sam, I'll be flying in May. I checked my specific flights on seatguru and it shows the old A330-200. Didn't know they use the new one till April. Thanks. Keith.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:56 pm

Hi Sam, I'll be flying in May. I checked my specific flights on seatguru and it shows the old A330-200. Didn't know they use the new one till April. Thanks. Keith.
I sent AZ customer service an email to see if they plan to decommission or refurb the old 330-200s before April. I'll post a reply, if they send one.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

They plan to refurbish them. Timing is unclear. It's completely useless to ask these things to customer service, most of those representatives have never seen an airplane in their lives.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:23 pm

Which A330 layout is this?

For the flight KIX-FCO, expertflyer shows this seatmap (link).

It doesn't correspond to the published 3-class layout - it is supposed to have 36 rows, not 39.

I am trying to understand where the exit rows are (in Y )

Also, is it possible to make seat reservation over the phone, and does Alitalia sell exit row seats for money (like Air France does)?

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Oh, that's very interesting. It looks like it might be the new A330 layout. I've updated the first post about that.

It seems that the AZ website isn't allowing online seat allocation for long haul flights at the moment, possibly due to the reconfiguration process of the A330's.

The seat-map you've posted probably indicates that you will be flying on one of the newly reconfigured A330's. What's strange is that in your seat map even the last rows are shown as having a 2-4-2 layout, and the crew rest seems to have disappeared. Also, Alitalia doesn't usually include rows 13 and 17.

Since this is a new configuration and there's no official seat map yet, I'm afraid we're a bit in the dark here. Sorry about that!

Yes, reservation is possible over the phone, and there are comfort seats available, for a price that used to be €50, but that keeps increasing, so I'm not sure what it is at the moment. If you're lucky you might get through to a knowledgeable agent who can tell you a bit about the new seating layout.

Last edited by bungler; Mar 15, 2014 at 4:06 am
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:04 am
Original Poster

So yeah for anyone else reading this, I've updated the first post. I replaced expired links and added notes about the new A330 configuration.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:12 am

We'll be flying MIA to FCO late March (next week!)....am I correct that we have the newer plane?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Yup that's definitely on a new (post-2009) configuration. I think MIA is a B777 route in fact.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:33 pm

YYZ-FCO

hey guys,

I am new to this forum so hello!

My fiancé and I are planning to book a flight with Alitalia in June/July 2014.

We are flying from Toronto (YYZ) to Rome (FCO). We would like to fly business class (Magnifica). It appears that they are still using the old style plane. However, this isn't my biggest issue. I am more so concerned with the seating chart. On every single website I have visited (including Alitalia's), it shows 2-2-2. The interesting part is, I called Alitalia and spoke with 5 different people, who all gave conflicting information. One lady said, no, its 2, 1, 1, 2. Meaning there is an aisle between the two middle seats? The next lady said the same, so I asked her if she can confirm with someone as this is not what their own website shows, and she came back after speaking with her supervisor and she said you are right, our system is wrong and they are indeed together, meaning it is in fact 2-2-2.

We want to sit together, without an aisle between us but we don't want to sit in seats A,B or J,K. We want to be in the middle at seats D,F.

Can anyone confirm this for me?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:52 am

AZ J class - YYZ to FCO on two class A330-200

I was a bit concerned about what to expect on my J class AZ flight from Toronto to Rome on April 12. Overall, it was a good experience. They definitely need to upgrade the amenities on these older planes (they hand out portable screens in J Class - thankfully my ipad was fully loaded up already).

Here are pics of J class on the two class A330-200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.