Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bworrell
Anyone know if there are any mis-aligned windows in business on the 777? I'm debating between 5A and 1J.
Not sure what you mean by misaligned windows on long haul J - on the renovated 777s, each seat gets about 3-4 windows so you get at least some full windows regardless of which row you sit at. However, there is no 1J on the new 777, only 1G (aisle) or 1L (window). There was 1J on the 'old' 777 cabin but again that would be an aisle while 5A is a window.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bearteacher
I wrote a photo trip report and it includes many photos of AZ B777 new 3-class seats. This trip report was post in a Taiwanese aviation forum but I think you still can understand the details of these new seat design.

The link is:
http://www.jadeair.com.tw/discuz/vie....php?tid=11685
I just changed my parents Delta award to BCN to now route on the LAX-FCO on the new 777. Does anyone have any recommendation on selecting between the front cabin (rows 1-5) and mini cabin behind (rows 9-11)?

bearteacher , it looks as if you were seated in the mini-cabin behind the front section of J. Could you give me your thoughts? My parents will probably take one of the 'couples' seats in the middle aisle of seats.

Finally, when/how can I select seats for them? If I call AZ with my Delta ticket number or Delta confirmation number will they be able to pull up the reservation and get seats assigned?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by roknroll
I just changed my parents Delta award to BCN to now route on the LAX-FCO on the new 777. Does anyone have any recommendation on selecting between the front cabin (rows 1-5) and mini cabin behind (rows 9-11)?

bearteacher , it looks as if you were seated in the mini-cabin behind the front section of J. Could you give me your thoughts? My parents will probably take one of the 'couples' seats in the middle aisle of seats.

Finally, when/how can I select seats for them? If I call AZ with my Delta ticket number or Delta confirmation number will they be able to pull up the reservation and get seats assigned?
I'd take row two or row three

Personally would go for front section not mini cabin behind. NOTE : If J is not full AZ tend to place all customers on front cabin anyway so its better to choose the better seats there anyway

Great seats - even better than DL businessfirst seats on 764
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by terminalfive

Personally would go for front section not mini cabin behind. NOTE : If J is not full AZ tend to place all customers on front cabin anyway so its better to choose the better seats there anyway

Well, they would be going for the "couple" type seat so I think the options are rows 1, 3, 5, 9, 11 seats E&G. Looking at EF (can I assume that is correct?), row 3 is already taken. I'd rather not put them in row 5 at the back, as it's right next to the lav and galley. Do they keep the curtain closed off behind row 5 during flight? Is this a non-issue and should I not worry about it? It's also next to the pilot rest seats so no one would be on either side.

Right now I'm leaning towards row 1, then row 9, then row 5 as seat priority.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 2:09 am

I'd agree with you but I wouldn't (personally) want to stay in the Second secction
Pity about row 3 - I'd go, personally - for 1 or 5 even though you are close to Washrooms
No real 'bad' seats though
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by terminalfive

I'd agree with front cabin as well, but it will be a good ride no matter what.

And, yes, they will shift seating arrangements if necessary. On my recent MIA-MXP flight which was only about 1/3 full in J. They moved all of the pax to the left side of the plane (I was originally in 2L; they moved me to 2A.) This was on the A330. I guess this was so that they could have fewer FAs and only have to move the dining carts down one aisle.

My return flight from FCO-MIA was completely full.

And absolutely I will agree that the seats are better than DL's great seats on the 764. And I might even go as far as saying they're better than DL's 777 seats.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by 18sas
I'd agree with front cabin as well, but it will be a good ride no matter what.

And, yes, they will shift seating arrangements if necessary. On my recent MIA-MXP flight which was only about 1/3 full in J. They moved all of the pax to the left side of the plane (I was originally in 2L; they moved me to 2A.) This was on the A330. I guess this was so that they could have fewer FAs and only have to move the dining carts down one aisle.

My return flight from FCO-MIA was completely full.

And absolutely I will agree that the seats are better than DL's great seats on the 764. And I might even go as far as saying they're better than DL's 777 seats.
I sometimes gulp when I start writing about the new AZ J seat and I've just been writing on the Flying Blue thread where there is a discussion KL vs AF in J - everybody forgeting that AZ also fly to S America (Skyteam discussion)

Why do I gulp?

Because normally there is always negativity versus AZ - but put is simply the new AZ J seat is better than some F seats and it is the best J seat that I personally have flown in

For me the 1 -2 -1 configuration obviously helps but I bear in mind not only privacy and aisle access for everyone

add :-

-> space (also width)
-> storage space
-> power socket
-> TV screen (it's big - a real TV)
-> table space

As for service, Bulgari amenity kits, on time departures etc etc AZ can be hit and miss but on the seat, in my view, they have a very very competitive product
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Be aware:
Y seats A and L have a huge "entertainement box"
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1234/sany0234l.jpg

Two trip reports in Y (sory in french )
http://www.flight-report.com/reporta...a/FCO-EZE.html
http://www.flight-report.com/reporta...a/EZE-FCO.html

the second one in "confort zone"

I posted as the link here:

Originally Posted by bearteacher
I wrote a photo trip report and it includes many photos of AZ B777 new 3-class seats. This trip report was post in a Taiwanese aviation forum but I think you still can understand the details of these new seat design.

The link is:
http://www.jadeair.com.tw/discuz/vie....php?tid=11685
seams dead.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:00 am

Hi folks,

Just got back from GIG today with AZ, and I want to share my experiences about the seats.

My trip basically was LUX-FCO-GIG-FCO-BRU. The first sector (LUX-FCO) was flown by Luxair. When I checked in online on their (=Luxair) website all the way to GIG, I was able to select the extra comfort seats for free. My partner and I selected seats 11 J and L, just behind premium economy. On the return flight we selected the same seats through the Alitalia-website, but seat 11J costed an extra 50€.

These seats only offer a limited extra amount of legroom in my opinion and you can't stretch your legs a bit under the seat in front of you. Also keep in mind that row 11 is the row for bassinets.
However, these seats both have an USB-plug. Outbound (reg EI-EJK) the USB-port of seat 11J was broken, inbound (reg EI-EJJ) it worked fine.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Not sure if I should post this in this topic, but I don't want to write an entire trip report.

Some pictures:

USB-port available:

Legroom in seat 11L. To give you an idea, I'm 6'5" tall.

Served food (for both Y and Y+ as they got the same):
Pre-dinner:

Dinner:
Main: Choice between pasta and chicken. Not too generous portions in my opinion.

Breakfast:
No choice, everyone got the same.

I must say that outbound I both liked food and service far better than inbound. These pictures all are taken on the inbound trip.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Originally Posted by saraoutou
Be aware:
Y seats A and L have a huge "entertainement box"
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1234/sany0234l.jpg
Is this monstrosity on the 777 with 3-4-3 seating?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:31 pm

Current config

This is the current seat configuration on AZ B777;

http://corporate.alitalia.it/it/la-c...tta/index.html

Seat 19C has unlimited leg room but is very exposed to aisle traffic. Seat feels narrower because of rigid bulkheads on both sides. Entertainment screen is housed in the inboard bulkhead.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:58 am

Is BOS-FCO still flown by the old A330?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Is BOS-FCO still flown by the old A330?
I'm afraid so. Flightradar24.com shows that for the last few days, Alitalia has either used EI-DIP or EI-DIR for this flight. Both of these planes are ex-Air One, so quite old.

If you want to keep checking this for yourself: any plane for which the registration starts with EI-EJ is a new A330.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:10 am
Original Poster

A new A330 is expected on this route by January I think, although the TravelDesk isn't working anymore so I'm just going by the alitalia website. To check for your flight simulate a booking and take a look at the seat map, it should say either "332" for the old A330 or "330" and in that case it's one of the new ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.