Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by bungler
No the seats you need are definitely E-G in rows 1,3,5,9,11. H and J are just aisle seats (and this isn't the first time I've heard of the AZ rep getting it wrong °_°). I would try again.
My goodness they are maddening to deal with. Took two more calls to change the seats to 3 E/G. The first rep insisted that the "agency" need to cancel the remarks that were in my reservation before she could do anything - even though the remarks (which read "seats assigned") were made by AZ.

Thanks for the info on the E/G seats!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I'm booking FCO-BOS on Jan5 (on Delta) and I think I see the new 330 map: Y+ and row 33 with only 3 seat in centre aisle.
Flew same route end of November and we had the old plane. Chatting with the FA's they didn't know about the new aircraft coming on the route.

Originally Posted by bungler
A new A330 is expected on this route by January I think, although the TravelDesk isn't working anymore so I'm just going by the alitalia website. To check for your flight simulate a booking and take a look at the seat map, it should say either "332" for the old A330 or "330" and in that case it's one of the new ones.
Originally Posted by michael_v
Is the presence of Classica Plus still an indication of a new A330? I am asking because I see Classica Plus being offered on BOS-FCO in March 2013. If not, how do the old A330 business seats compare to AF?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea of the MIA-FCO, FCO-MIA A330 business class old seat or new seat?

Travel time is in Jul / Aug.

DL award held till Monday 12/16 to ticket.

Cannot figure out this would be the old seat or new seat.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

To above, please just use the standard method of simulating a booking .

Also just to note that I've updated the first post with some more up-to-date info. If anyone can tell us:

*What's going on with the J menus
*What do you think of the Y+ seating on the 777's
*Did you find any TR's I missed for the 330 Y-class or the 777 J-class

that would be much appreciated .
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by bjcleaver
My goodness they are maddening to deal with. Took two more calls to change the seats to 3 E/G. The first rep insisted that the "agency" need to cancel the remarks that were in my reservation before she could do anything - even though the remarks (which read "seats assigned") were made by AZ.

Thanks for the info on the E/G seats!
I booked an itinerary on Delta that includes flight in June from LAX to Rome on Alitalia. It took about 3-4 calls between Delta and Alitalia for me to get my seats. I read Flyertalk's post which suggested that I call Alitalia direct. I called Alitalia (tel. +390665649) and had difficulty understanding each other. They were eventually able to locate my reservation but said they could not reserve any seats since Delta had made the reservation. They directed me to call Delta. Called Delta and they said no. They provided me with a different telephone number for Alitalia. Then called Alitalia back (this time 800-223-5730...I prefer this number to the other one because the representative spoke better English) and they said they did not even show me on the flight and I needed to find Alitalia reservation number and to call Delta for this info. Delta provided this info and then called Alitalia and they quickly located our reservation. They also told me that seats E/G were separated by an aisle and I and my wife should get other seats. Based on Flyertalk's posts, ignored this advice and booked away. So my advice would for others would be to first call Delta and find out what your Alitalia Confirmation Code is. Then call the 800-223-5730 number and last book your seats based on the seating charts provided in this forum. A little bit time consuming but not horrible. M
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: Alitalia Mille Miglia, KLM/Air France Flying Blue, Aegean Miles&Bonus, Priority Club, HHonors
YYZ - FCO / FCO - YZZ still using the old plane.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Update:

The latest news from AC is that starting on 23.01.2013 Y+ passengers will get an upgraded meal compared to economy. There should be a confirmation and details soon once people have tried it.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Any comments on the 777 row 18, K,L? If not, I'll provide some in a day or so

edit: equip swap for A330, which I prefer.

Last edited by tkey75; Feb 5, 2013 at 11:37 am
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:47 am

I saw this question asked earlier in the thread but had not seen a response.

Is there any plan to refurbish the old Air One planes with the new business class product?

I have flights reserved for October and the JFK-FCO is clearly in the new 1-2-1 format as it's a 777. But, my return is FCO-ORD and the current seat map suggests the 2-2-2 config in business. Certainly not the end of the world but it would be nice to have the new seats both ways.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

By the time October comes around you may find there is an equipment change. However there is no plan to refurbish the Air One A330's, which will be removed within a couple of years and are mainly used on charter in any case.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by c0untryb0y
YYZ - FCO / FCO - YZZ still using the old plane.
Good to know as I'm flying the outbound route next week on AI for the first time ever. The flight reports seem favourable however so i'm not too worried...yet!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:09 am

Regarding J Menus

Having just completed flights in J on AZ609 and 610, I've transcribed the menus from these flights here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...us-moment.html

Basically, they're doing a "best-of" campaign now, as opposed to recycling back through the regions one at a time.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
A330 Magnifica Honeymoon Seats

It looks like there are 4 separate pairs of "honeymoon" seats on the A330: rows 1, 3, 5, and 6 (all seats E & G). 6E and 6G are in the back cabin, 1, 3 and 5 in the front. Any preference in which row to pick? Any row more roomy/private/likely to get first choice at dinner service? Have upcoming flights JFK-MXP-JFK on AZ and just curious if anyone whose flown in these seats has any opinion on what to pick (they're all open now).
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
It looks like there are 4 separate pairs of "honeymoon" seats on the A330: rows 1, 3, 5, and 6 (all seats E & G). 6E and 6G are in the back cabin, 1, 3 and 5 in the front. Any preference in which row to pick? Any row more roomy/private/likely to get first choice at dinner service? Have upcoming flights JFK-MXP-JFK on AZ and just curious if anyone whose flown in these seats has any opinion on what to pick (they're all open now).
Go for the front cabin

Personally I'd avoid row 1 and 5 so that makes 3 the choice!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
I can book on 772 Y cabin 18L and 20L without any extra fee. Are there any drawback with these seats not mentioned on seatguru?
Similar premium seats are available for a 60EUR extra... (NRT-MXP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.