Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
Here a summary of the different AZ longhaul aircraft configurations. Have a look to post #1 of this thread with lots of additional information about!

A330-200 AZ Magnifica 2014

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................17 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................219 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DIP (Named: Gian Lorenzo Bernini) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-DIR (Named: ...) *ex Air One - reconfigured*
.............................EI-EJG (Named: Raffaello Sanzio)
.............................EI-EJH (Named: Sandro Botticelli)
.............................EI-EJI (Named: Canaletto)
.............................EI-EJJ (Named: Michelangelo Merisi Da Caravaggio)
.............................EI-EJK (Named: Giotto)
.............................EI-EJL (Named: Piero Della Francesca)
.............................EI-EJM (Named: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo)
.............................EI-EJN (Named: Il Tintoretto)
.............................EI-EJO (Named: Tiziano)
.............................EI-EJP (Named: Michelangelo Buonarroti)

A330-200 ex EY Magnifica

These two (?) operating as AZ with AZ livery and all but owned by Etihad. No Premium Economy. New magnifica as on the 2014 A332, with 1-2-1 in J. This two aircrafts were flying mostly the flights from/to AUH.

Configuration:................20 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
.............................240 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................n/a

Registration / Aircrafts:....I-EJGA (Named: Artemisia Gentileschi) Track this aircraft
.............................I-EJGB (Named: Francesco Borromini) Track this aircraft

A330-200 ex Air One *OLD Recliners*

The two old "Air One"-style A330's were reconfigured with the new lieflat Business Class.

B777-200 AZ Magnifica

All 772 are outfitted with the new lieflat seats and Classica Plus.

Configuration:................30 J....Magnifica (new lieflat seats)
..............................24 Y+...Classica Plus
.............................239 Y... Classica

Seatmaps:....................Alitalia
.............................Seatguru

Registration / Aircrafts:....EI-DBK (Named: Raffaello Sanzio) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................EI-DBL (Named: Sestriere)
.............................EI-DBM (Named: Argentario)
.............................EI-DDH (Named: Tropea) old cabin configuration/30MAR16
.............................EI-ISA (Named: Taormina)
.............................EI-ISB (Named: Porto Rotondo)
.............................EI-ISD (Named: Cortina d'Ampezzo)
.............................EI-ISE (Named: Portofino / Pier Paolo Racchetti)
.............................EI-ISO (Named: Positano) new cabin retrofit - yello black seats in C
.............................I-DISU (Named: Madonna Di Campiglio)
Print Wikipost

All you need to know about configurations on Alitalia's A330's and B777's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Bungler - how are the reconfiguration of the 777's proceeding? Are we all done / nearly?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

All done since July! Long haul product is now quite consistent in fact.^
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by bungler
All done since July! Long haul product is now quite consistent in fact.^
Thansk bungler!! Great work^
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:39 pm

Is the presence of Classica Plus still an indication of a new A330? I am asking because I see Classica Plus being offered on BOS-FCO in March 2013. If not, how do the old A330 business seats compare to AF?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Is there anyway to prebook seats prior to online checkin opens?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:58 pm

Wow, new biz looks amazing. Looks like skypesos actually have a decent product to redeem on...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
I flew yesterday in the new 777. The equipment box is actually larger in real life than in the picture. It is under the two middle seats of the 4 in a row middle section and takes up half of the foot space. There is no way that you can put anything besides a purse or a small bag in there and even your feet won't go in easily.

It should be avoided as much as possible.

I did not check the ones on the 3 rows but assume it is the same size
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: LH Senator, BA Gold, AF Platinum, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Is there anyway to prebook seats prior to online checkin opens?
Only on long haul or domestic flights, but not online: ask your travel agent or call Alitalia Customer Service.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:14 pm

I'm looking to fly business class JFK-MXP/FCO, and FCO/MXP-JFK. Haven't decided which city I'll fly into and out of, but I'll go into one and out of the other.

As long as I get a 772 I'll have the new business class product, right?

I was looking at SeatGuru, which lists the 772 as a "recliner" and the 332 as "lie-flat", so I was restricting myself to days where the 332 was flying. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ali...nformation.php

I take it SeatGuru's seat map is also wrong? (It shows 2-2-2 in business, not 1-2-1.) http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ali...ng_777-200.php
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:44 am
Original Poster

The online seatmaps made by seatguru etc. probably show the old configuration of the 777's which were reconfigured earlier this year. For the real seat map follow the Alitalia link in the start post of this thread. Bear in mind that all the 330's and the 777's now have the new business class product, except for the ex-Air One 332's - there's two of them, used on lesser and charter routes. The only difference is that the 777, having a wider cabin, is even more spacious than the 330 in the 1-2-1 seating that AZ uses.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:44 am

Thanks bungler! Yes, the seat maps on Alitalia linked upthread, and the one ExperFlyer pulls up, both show the 1-2-1 configuration on the 772, so I guess I'm OK.

How would I know if a particular 330 is the old one or the new one? (I am flying JFK-MXP and FCO-JFK... is there any risk of the old product on those routes?)

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

The Air One 332's should not be used on JFK-FCO. To check you can simulate a booking for your flight and see if Y+ is on sale, meaning a new 330 is scheduled for the route. Also on the seat map it should say "330" as opposed to 332 which represents Air One 332's.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Any news as to when the two remaining A330s with an older business class will be phased out or refurbished? I am looking to book ORD-FCO on 31 May 2013 and currently the seat map is showing a 2-2-2 configuration and no Premium Economy and hence I think it's still an old aircraft.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Confused on Magnifica seating layout on 772

I recently booked DL award tickets for my wife and I on AZ for LAX-FCO in Sept. 2013 on a 772 in Magnifica. After finally getting the AZ confirmation number from DL I was able to call AZ for seat assignments. I was under the impression that the E/G seats were the "honeymoon" style - I think this is what I would want so that my wife and I can face each other/share a space. But the AZ rep insisted that H & J were what I wanted so he put me in 2 H & J. I can't really tell from the seat map what's what.

Can anyone advise on what seats I should try to get assigned? Is the rep right or wrong? (This is my first dealing with AZ). Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:34 am
Original Poster

No the seats you need are definitely E-G in rows 1,3,5,9,11. H and J are just aisle seats (and this isn't the first time I've heard of the AZ rep getting it wrong °_°). I would try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.