Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage on Alitalia or any other partner?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Question Mileage on Alitalia or any other partner?

Hello,

I booked an Alitalia and Etihad Business Class (Booked on Alitali I class) flight from MXP-BKK (AUH).

I don't have Alitalia FF or any of its partners, however I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation of which partner/alitalia will earn me the largest amount of miles (if there is any difference).

Thanks!

Sam
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
http://www.wheretocredit.com
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sam2511
a recommendation of which partner/alitalia will earn me the largest amount of miles (if there is any difference).
Picking a frequent flyer programme on the basis of which one gives you the most miles for a solitary trip is not the best way to choose a programme.

The miles you earn on one trip probably won't be enough to do anything useful with, so you should instead be looking at a programme that you can use again in a manner that will allow you to accumulate more miles so that you can do something useful with the eventual balance.

And the programme that gives you the most miles for this trip might not be the programme that is best for you going forward.

You're going to have to stick around with whichever programme you pick for a lot longer than just this trip.

And to get the best outcome, you should instead be seeing which programme gives you the best rewards. The number of miles awarded for one trip is not an indicator of the ease or generosity of any redemption you will eventually make with that programme. If programme A gave you 20,000 miles for this trip and programme B gave you 10,000 miles, would you pick programme A, even if programme A would let you do nothing with your miles until you had accumulated a balance of 100,000 miles, while programme B would give you an award flight already for those 10,000 miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.