Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Options on FCO Layover

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:42 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by raistlin
Thirteen hours! They may wish to do some tourism in Rome maybe?
Unfortunately, my mother-in-law isn't too mobile, so tour of Rome won't be a possibility. I was hoping for a good lounge or a day room at an airport hotel. Last time I did this trip, the connection was via MXP and the lounge we had access to was good. However, we have never been through FCO for this long of a connection.

ZH.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The Hilton has day rooms (I think about €99). This may or may not work well for you as they are fixed hours (I think it is from 10am to 6pm or something like that). This is not a great hotel but will certainly be better than lounges which will feel infuriating after 2 or 3 hours! If transfer is within T3, the AZ lounge is in the satellite and so is the priority pass. Both are 'blind' lounges with no natural light, food is minimal, coffee ok, a few lounger chairs but lounge is often fairly full and thus mechanically have its share of loud people depending on which flights are departing.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:04 pm
zh

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The Hilton has day rooms (I think about €99). This may or may not work well for you as they are fixed hours (I think it is from 10am to 6pm or something like that). This is not a great hotel but will certainly be better than lounges which will feel infuriating after 2 or 3 hours! If transfer is within T3, the AZ lounge is in the satellite and so is the priority pass. Both are 'blind' lounges with no natural light, food is minimal, coffee ok, a few lounger chairs but lounge is often fairly full and thus mechanically have its share of loud people depending on which flights are departing.
Thx ORBITMIC - I will call the Hilton and see if I can book a day room.

ZH.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:08 pm
zh

Originally Posted by zh
Thx ORBITMIC - I will call the Hilton and see if I can book a day room.

ZH.
Just a quick update... Hilton Airport charges 130 euros for a day room (standard) and 165 euros for a Club Level room.

ZH
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
My parents are flying business class LAX-FCO, then have a 4 hour layover before flying FCO-BCN. I'm assuming they will arrive in T3, have to clear immigration, and then will exit out of the secure area. Looks like they'll depart out of T1, so they they'd have to go through security again.

Any suggestions on the most convenient lounge for them to access? It'd be great if there was one with showers. If not, then I think I'd just want to tell them the easiest one to get to (or closest to their FCO-BCN departure), and not necessarily the nicest one. I don't think they will want to go out of their way to another terminal just to get a better lounge (unless it has showers).
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:18 pm

There aren't really any Terminals at FCO, the T's are just names given to different areas of the airport. Arriving at T3 your parents will have a security check immediately after getting off the plane, followed by a passport check which will take them straight into the T1/T2 area. A good (the only) lounge there is above the D-gates, "Borromini" with showers available, and not crowded.

Funny to route BCN via FCO - to try out the new business class?

Last edited by bungler; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:26 pm
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bungler
Funny to route BCN via FCO - to try out the new business class?
Sort of. It's an award using Delta miles i booked for them. Initially I had them on some crazy routing, just to get a low level award (SFO-MSP-ORD-CDG-BCN). I was very happy to later find SFO-LAX-FCO-BCN which is on a much better business class product and has less time on domestic first/business seats.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
A related question: I will have a long (10 hours and 5 minutes, to be precise) connection at FCO. The plan is to spen the afternoon in Rome. Can I check all my luggage (perhaps except valuable stuff), so that I don't have to carry it, or there is some rule about checking in luggage in the case of long connections? could not find anything on AZ website.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; it) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by alesfo
A related question: I will have a long (10 hours and 5 minutes, to be precise) connection at FCO. The plan is to spen the afternoon in Rome. Can I check all my luggage (perhaps except valuable stuff), so that I don't have to carry it, or there is some rule about checking in luggage in the case of long connections? could not find anything on AZ website.
You can check your luggage even on a long connection. I don't think there's a left luggage option in FCO.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
My connecton time in FCO for AMS-FCO-NAP is short, but I might miss the connection and then it would be long.

AMS-FCO is in business, FCO-NAP has only economy on the plane, my return is FCO-LAX in business (a couple weeks after the FCO/NAP flight).

Am I entitled to lounge access in FCO?

Thanks in advance?
Old May 16, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by beachfan
My connecton time in FCO for AMS-FCO-NAP is short, but I might miss the connection and then it would be long.

AMS-FCO is in business, FCO-NAP has only economy on the plane, my return is FCO-LAX in business (a couple weeks after the FCO/NAP flight).

Am I entitled to lounge access in FCO?

Thanks in advance?
In theory you should not get lounge access, but I would ask and they will probably not turn you down, particularly if you missed the connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.