Alchohol on LAX-FCO-IST

Subscribe
Hello,

I am a Delta Skymiles Gold doing a mileage run soon on Alitalia to get to Delta Platinum. I have searched Alitalia's site and google, and can't find answers to these questions:

1. On transatlantic, is all alchohol free in coach? How about the FCO-IST parts?
2. What seats should I be going for as a SkyTeam Elite Plus? The seat guru seat configuration looks wrong for my 777-200 as it only has 9 seats per row, where Orbitz is showing me 10 per row.

Any other tips on flying Alitalia is much appreciated!
Maybe seatguru shows the configuration of those 777 not upgraded, while orbitz retrieves the map of the new configuration.
If economy has 10 seats /rows and there's the eco+ available, then it's a 777 with the new configuration.

Yes, free. I've never flown the FCO-IST segment, but I believe there's no restriction.
You can get alcohol (wine, beer) free of charge on all international flights of any length, and probably on FCO-LIN also. So the alcohol will be available on all of your flights. I'm not sure if it will be available in the open bar on the LAX-FCO flight, but in any case during the drinks service you can ask for one.

All but one 777's are still in the 9-abreast config., however the rest are to be reconfigured over this year, so watch out!
Quote: You can get alcohol (wine, beer) free of charge on all international flights of any length, and probably on FCO-LIN also. So the alcohol will be available on all of your flights. I'm not sure if it will be available in the open bar on the LAX-FCO flight, but in any case during the drinks service you can ask for one.

All but one 777's are still in the 9-abreast config., however the rest are to be reconfigured over this year, so watch out!
So, is booze free? What is the "open bar" you are referring too? My seat map for my flight is showing 10 seats per row. I assume this is bad?
Alcohol is free - yes. You'll find food better in Y than with DL too

What we don't know is if you will already have a refitted 777, with new seats and better AVOD

All flights are fine on AZ 777 though so whether old or refitted you'll enjoy
Have you already flown in an AZ 3-4-3 777? Was it really fine?
Quote: Hello,

I am a Delta Skymiles Gold doing a mileage run soon on Alitalia to get to Delta Platinum. I have searched Alitalia's site and google, and can't find answers to these questions:

1. On transatlantic, is all alchohol free in coach? How about the FCO-IST parts?
2. What seats should I be going for as a SkyTeam Elite Plus? The seat guru seat configuration looks wrong for my 777-200 as it only has 9 seats per row, where Orbitz is showing me 10 per row.

When are you planning to do this run? AZ will have the new 777-200 config in June according to what I've read and what booked for my trip from LAX-FCO (I booked in Y+ - A on AZ's site). If you check the flights through DL's site (SkyTeam partner) this will show you if your flight is expected to be the upgraded 777 or the old config.
Quote: When are you planning to do this run? AZ will have the new 777-200 config in June according to what I've read and what booked for my trip from LAX-FCO (I booked in Y+ - A on AZ's site). If you check the flights through DL's site (SkyTeam partner) this will show you if your flight is expected to be the upgraded 777 or the old config.
It is the 3-4-3 configuration. How do I go about getting put into Y when booked in Y through Orbitz? My trip in in November.
Quote: It is the 3-4-3 configuration. How do I go about getting put into Y when booked in Y through Orbitz? My trip in in November.
You're going to have to call their U.S. operations and request the upgrade - not sure what the fee will be. My Y+ ticket was about $500 more than Y. But this was for a June travel date, so who knows what it will be like for November.
Quote: You're going to have to call their U.S. operations and request the upgrade - not sure what the fee will be. My Y+ ticket was about $500 more than Y. But this was for a June travel date, so who knows what it will be like for November.
I think I will hold off as I wonder if they will add some kind of benefit for Sky Team Elite + folks? To my knowledge, we are not yet entitled to anything, but wonder if this will change?

I have time on my side.....
Quote: I think I will hold off as I wonder if they will add some kind of benefit for Sky Team Elite + folks? To my knowledge, we are not yet entitled to anything, but wonder if this will change?

I have time on my side.....
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Hasn't done a thing for me, so I would say it is doubtful it will do anything for you either. But you are right, you have time. Best of luck. Hope your status can help you. Safe travels.
Quote: I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Hasn't done a thing for me, so I would say it is doubtful it will do anything for you either. But you are right, you have time. Best of luck. Hope your status can help you. Safe travels.
For the record, I am not very hopeful, but who knows, a new benefit could roll out as economy comfort is in place in all of Skyteam. If I could get it for $40 each way like on Delta, I would pay it in a heart beat, and still not break 4 cpm....
Quote: For the record, I am not very hopeful, but who knows, a new benefit could roll out as economy comfort is in place in all of Skyteam. If I could get it for $40 each way like on Delta, I would pay it in a heart beat, and still not break 4 cpm....
From what I know, that $40 each way is only domestic and not sure how that applies to Alitalia. In fact, given recent rumors that AF is going to buyout AZ in 2013, I think you would want to look at their Y+ pricing to give you a better idea. I'll tell you this, from everything I've read - AZ's Y+ is identical to AF's - which is a far superior product in every way compared to DL.
Quote: From what I know, that $40 each way is only domestic and not sure how that applies to Alitalia. In fact, given recent rumors that AF is going to buyout AZ in 2013, I think you would want to look at their Y+ pricing to give you a better idea. I'll tell you this, from everything I've read - AZ's Y+ is identical to AF's - which is a far superior product in every way compared to DL.
Economy plus is free for Gold domestically. It cost $80 regular price for non-medallion on overseas for Delta, $60 silver, $40 Gold, and free for plats and diamonds.
Quote: Hello,

2. What seats should I be going for as a SkyTeam Elite Plus?
Just a little warning regarding Delta Gold status as SkyTeam Elite Plus. When I flew AZ in January, their system didn't recognize DL Golds as STE+, just STE. This caused problems for me when trying to enter AZ or AZ contracted lounges.

I hope this problem is fixed by now but I doubt it.