Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alchohol on LAX-FCO-IST

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by upgradeluvr
I'm flying to Florence for business in May. Company booked me on Alitalia due to the directness of flights....lax-fco-flr. I'm curious to experience AZ in flight service. I understand they have a premium economy section which is slowly being installed on the 777 fleet.

Two years ago, I flew Alitalia JFK to FCO. They give you free beer and wine only. No other libations. Food was decent, but lukewarm. The cabin was in horrendous condition...duct tape to patch the leather seats....seams in the carpet.

It is AZ, so I'm not expecting much. I'm also on the november mileage run to IST.
AZ in Economy is better than most US carriers in Economy. The 777 are okay-ish, the only trouble is that after reconfig the Y section will be 3-4-3 a la Air France.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
I'm flying to Florence for business in May. Company booked me on Alitalia due to the directness of flights....lax-fco-flr. I'm curious to experience AZ in flight service. I understand they have a premium economy section which is slowly being installed on the 777 fleet.

Two years ago, I flew Alitalia JFK to FCO. They give you free beer and wine only. No other libations. Food was decent, but lukewarm. The cabin was in horrendous condition...duct tape to patch the leather seats....seams in the carpet.

It is AZ, so I'm not expecting much. I'm also on the november mileage run to IST.
I'd be curious to hear how your trip is. I'm doing the LAX-FCO trip on the 777 in June, but thankfully in Y+.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, ST E+, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by raistlin
AZ in Economy is better than most US carriers in Economy. The 777 are okay-ish, the only trouble is that after reconfig the Y section will be 3-4-3 a la Air France.
Tu mi fai ridere. Alitalia non č meglio di U.S. carriers in Y : )

AZ has consistently rated lowest in passenger comfort. For instance, I've experienced only once in my life, the use of duct tape to seal tears in the leather seats.....and yes, it was on a beat up old AZ 772. Also, the cabin crew was distracted and seemed not caring about service, like they're doing you a huge favor by giving you a meal...

AZ's 777 fleet has not been converted yet. They are in the process of this and it will be interesting to report back on what I experience 3-3-3 vs 3-4-3.

I don't understand why EVERY other Skyteam airline allows you to view your reservation online...but not AZ.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold

AZ has consistently rated lowest in passenger comfort. For instance, I've experienced only once in my life, the use of duct tape to seal tears in the leather seats.....and yes, it was on a beat up old AZ 772. Also, the cabin crew was distracted and seemed not caring about service, like they're doing you a huge favor by giving you a meal...

AZ's 777 fleet has not been converted yet. They are in the process of this and it will be interesting to report back on what I experience 3-3-3 vs 3-4-3.

I don't understand why EVERY other Skyteam airline allows you to view your reservation online...but not AZ.

I cannot figure that out myself...
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

I made my reservation through Orbitz, and it does seem that I can see the seats and what is open. Thankfully, my plane looks very, very empty. It does have the 3-4-3 config showing. Looks like I may be able to "buy up" at 24 hours minus to economy comfort for $75 each way which would be a steal if I can.....
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:56 am

Of course you can, here:

https://www.alitalia.com/EN_EN/booking/apvsearch.aspx

Go to the bottom of the page and enter either your booking reference, ticket number or flight and date, and it will retrieve your reservation with details of all your flights. There is a bug that you might get a message in the flight summary saying "the reservation has expired", but please ignore it.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by bungler
Of course you can, here:

https://www.alitalia.com/EN_EN/booking/apvsearch.aspx

Go to the bottom of the page and enter either your booking reference, ticket number or flight and date, and it will retrieve your reservation with details of all your flights. There is a bug that you might get a message in the flight summary saying "the reservation has expired", but please ignore it.
Or get this:
"The system is not available at the moment. Please, try again later"

For me the moment is since january :-(
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:15 am

That link doesn't work. I keep getting an alert message which reads "System is not available"

Broken link - AZ....go figure...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
That link doesn't work. I keep getting an alert message which reads "System is not available"

Broken link - AZ....go figure...
Works like a charm for me. Broken PC? Wrong PNR? Go figure...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:54 am

AZ has consistently rated lowest in passenger comfort.
For instance, in which statistically significant survey, done after Jan 1, 2009, and related only to flights after Jan 1, 2009?

You are very welcome to say: "I had one bad experience with AZ". "Consistently rated lowest" is pure bravo-sierra.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by raistlin
Works like a charm for me. Broken PC? Wrong PNR? Go figure...
It works for you, because you're probably a MilleMiglia member...It doesn't work for non-MM folks. You're in the minority..

My PNR and ticket numbers are valid, thank you.

Gotta love FT trolls... : /
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:50 am

You have to have bought your ticket on alitalia.com (ie. not Orbitz or similar), and I've always found it to work, MM member or not. In fact I once lost a reservation I made for a friend but was able to find it using their name and date of flight at the above link.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:24 pm

You have to have bought your ticket on alitalia.com
Not true, either: my reservation is by a travel agent.

What often happens, though, is that other agents will give you the PNR of their GDS (say, Amadeus) and not the airline PNR. On some airlines this will work all the same, in the case of AZ and other airlines it won't.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
You have to have bought your ticket on alitalia.com ...
Did it... and does not work .
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:10 am

If you are getting the following message:
"Please, look at the following warnings.

the system cannot retrieve a reservation corresponding to the flight {0} at date {1} in your Travel Planner.
Please enter another flight or try a search by reservation"

Then your booking reference or ticket number is invalid or doesn't match the name you put. Try putting in a random number for your booking reference and see if you get the same message.

If you are getting another error message then there is probably a problem with your internet browser or your specific ticket, because the system works fine for me. If you lost your reservation altogether you can call the call centre, or you can stick with your e-mail confirmation if you haven't lost it. In any case arriving at the airport you only need your name and destination to check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.