Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Alitalia] 2011 Airlines Finalists - Best On-Time Performance Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat

Arrival Performance among Major International Airlines Operated and Codeshare Flights

Winner: JAL
Finalists: Alitalia, Malaysia Airlines, ANA - All Nippon Airways, Japan Airlines International, Korean Air Lines

http://opsawards.flightstats.com/win...line-2011.html
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Alice11
Arrival Performance among Major International Airlines Operated and Codeshare Flights

Finalists: Alitalia, Malaysia Airlines, ANA - All Nippon Airways, Japan Airlines International, Korean Air Lines

For all you doubters!!

I can't remember my last delayed flight with AZ - short or long haul^
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
confirmed from personal experience

I've been flying AZ weekly for over two years now, and I can only confirm that their record is almost impeccable. In over 200 flights maybe three were late.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Have to agree on that, I haven't experienced any delay in the last couple of years.
Nice to see Alitalia on top! ^
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by pieterde
I've been flying AZ weekly for over two years now, and I can only confirm that their record is almost impeccable. In over 200 flights maybe three were late.
Same experience here. Over 120 flights, maybe 2-3 real delays.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Good for AZ

LOoking at the awards I note that. Alitalia is NOT a finalist among

(1) Major European airlines
(2). Major international airlines

It s only in the category.

(3)Major international airlines operated AND codeshare

doesAZ come into the picture unlike the winner (JAL) and one finalist, ANA. So apparently it's AZs skillful codeshare policy that gives it a place in these awards having failed to find one on merits in either the
European or international categories.

Interesting.

Last edited by rathin100; Jan 31, 2012 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by rathin100
Good for AZ

LOoking at the awards I note that. Alitalia is NOT a finalist among

(1) Major European airlines
(2). Major international airlines

It s only in the category.

(3)Major international airlines operated AND codeshare

doesAZ come into the picture unlike the winner (JAL) and one finalist, ANA. So apparently it's AZs skillful codeshare policy that gives it a place in these awards having failed to find one on merits in either the
European or international categories.

Interesting.
I'm beginning to think that you love AZ because this is a very detailed examination of the data!!!!!^

Delays (over the past 12 months) really is one thing that AZ cannot be criticised for -and here it seems that most agree with this (haven't read about anybody complaining about delays for ages..)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by terminalfive
I'm beginning to think that you love AZ because this is a very detailed examination of the data!!!!!^

Delays (over the past 12 months) really is one thing that AZ cannot be criticised for -and here it seems that most agree with this (haven't read about anybody complaining about delays for ages..)
AZ has not been noticeably late for me too. Yes they were late in from LHR but every airline is in the evening rush hour.

I was just putting the "award" in context.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:02 am
Original Poster

So apparently it's AZs skillful codeshare policy that gives it a place in these awards.
Most of the codeshare are operated by the NA joint venture, so basically Delta, Air France, KLM. So do you really believe they can improve the performance? Maybe only KL...

Anyway:

"Selection Process for Airlines
The selection process used to determine the finalists and winners within each category included:

Airline performance is determined based on on-time arrivals (arrived at the gate less than 15 minutes after the published scheduled arrival time).
Awards are based solely on performance results for flights operated by the airline (no codeshares or regional subsidiary flights were considered).
Performance is assessed only for airlines where FlightStats can accurately determine the outcome of at least 50% of a airline's flights.
Only scheduled passenger flights are included in the analysis (no charter, unscheduled, or cargo flights are considered).
For the North American, European and Asian regional award, only flights departing and arriving within the corresponding region are included in the analysis.
For global airline awards, all flights operated by the airline are evaluated.
"

http://opsawards.flightstats.com/about-the-awards.html
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:13 am

Most of the codeshare are operated by the NA joint venture, so basically Delta, Air France, KLM. So do you really believe they can improve the performance? Maybe only KL...

For global airline awards, all flights operated by the airline are evaluated.
"

http://opsawards.flightstats.com/about-the-awards.html
LOL good point!

How can the selection process as descriobed above then be different for international airliens and international +codeshare? in fact what is the point of mentioning codeshare!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:26 am
Original Poster

LOL good point!

How can the selection process as descriobed above then be different for international airliens and international +codeshare? in fact what is the point of mentioning codeshare!
"The major international airlines operated and codeshare flights category is comprised of airlines that fly a significant number of trans-oceanic or international flights spanning at least three continents with at least 30,000 flights operated annually and is inclusive of all code-share flights operated by other airlines (this includes airlines that are wholly owned subsidiaries or those that are operating flights based on contract/lease agreements on behalf of the airline marketing the flight)"

The admission to the category is based on operated + codeshare flights.
The performance assessment is based only on operated flights.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:20 pm

Makes no sense. Basically AZ are good for on-time performance.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bungler
Makes no sense. Basically AZ are good for on-time performance.
Yes, exactly, that's why it does make sense
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:17 pm

[QUOTE=Alice11;17930150]"The major international airlines operated and codeshare flights category is comprised of airlines that fly a significant number of trans-oceanic or international flights spanning at least three continents with at least 30,000 flights operated annually and is inclusive of all code-share flights operated by other airlines (this includes airlines that are wholly owned subsidiaries or those that are operating flights based on contract/lease agreements on behalf of the airline marketing the flight)"

The admission to the category is based on operated + codeshare flights.
The performance assessment is based only on operated flights.

It does not work analytically but never mind. Good for Alitalia. I would still rate the best red wine in Business Class award they won last year as a bigger deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.