Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxes/Fees/YQ on NYC-FCO RT Award?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Taxes/Fees/YQ on NYC-FCO RT Award?

Just created a MilleMiglia account in preparation for transferring Amex MR to book an award this summer.

I'm either going to book a low-level Y award for 85k miles or a standard business award for 200k miles. The rep informed me that in order to calculate the taxes and fees, I first need to activate my account by transferring 1k miles. I figured I would ask somewhere here to check taxes and fees prior to me transferring any points.

July 4
AZ603
JFK-FCO

July 21
AZ610
FCO-JFK

Again, I'm looking for total taxes/fees/surcharges for travel in both premium economy (I see low-level space) and business (can't find low-level).

I'm not too familiar with the program. I prefer business - is there any luck in getting Alitalia to release low-level awards with any predictability? Also, would taxes/fees be greatly affected if I decide to go JFK-FCO and then FLR-JFK? Since I'm transferring from Amex MR, would there be any advantage to trying to have Delta find the availability and ticket on Delta stock? Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by slice
Just created a MilleMiglia account in preparation for transferring Amex MR to book an award this summer.

I'm either going to book a low-level Y award for 85k miles or a standard business award for 200k miles. The rep informed me that in order to calculate the taxes and fees, I first need to activate my account by transferring 1k miles. I figured I would ask somewhere here to check taxes and fees prior to me transferring any points.

July 4
AZ603
JFK-FCO

July 21
AZ610
FCO-JFK

Again, I'm looking for total taxes/fees/surcharges for travel in both premium economy (I see low-level space) and business (can't find low-level).

I'm not too familiar with the program. I prefer business - is there any luck in getting Alitalia to release low-level awards with any predictability? Also, would taxes/fees be greatly affected if I decide to go JFK-FCO and then FLR-JFK? Since I'm transferring from Amex MR, would there be any advantage to trying to have Delta find the availability and ticket on Delta stock? Thanks for any help.
There are very, very few seats available at the standard level. You're also traveling at a very difficult time. Not to be a downer but I think it's going to be difficult for you to use miles at a standard rate for that time of year.

Why not find one of the super deals on AA or DL for $1200 RT all in in Business to DUB/BRU and save the points for an off-season trip?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze

July 4
AZ603
JFK-FCO

July 21
AZ610
FCO-JFK

First, I don't know if this changed, but Alitalia used to require half of the miles for your ticket to come from actual accrued miles and not transfers. THIS MAY NOT BE THE CASE so just ask, I'm merely stating something from memory.

Second, my fees to JFK from MXP were in the range of EUR 250 for Magnifica (Z) class booking.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
There are very, very few seats available at the standard level. You're also traveling at a very difficult time. Not to be a downer but I think it's going to be difficult for you to use miles at a standard rate for that time of year.

Why not find one of the super deals on AA or DL for $1200 RT all in in Business to DUB/BRU and save the points for an off-season trip?
There seems to be plenty of availability in premium economy (A class) for the dates I mentioned. I've confirmed with agents and checked on ExpertFlyer. Are you seeing otherwise?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by raistlin
First, I don't know if this changed, but Alitalia used to require half of the miles for your ticket to come from actual accrued miles and not transfers. THIS MAY NOT BE THE CASE so just ask, I'm merely stating something from memory.

Second, my fees to JFK from MXP were in the range of EUR 250 for Magnifica (Z) class booking.
the confusion has arisen before - "transfered miles" refers to miles transfered from another MilleMiglia account or bought directly using money. Miles transfered from an Amex account are considered earned miles and can be used for awards no problem.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Since I'm transferring from Amex MR, would there be any advantage to trying to have Delta find the availability and ticket on Delta stock? Thanks for any help.
Yes. Delta doesn't charge YQ for U.S.-originating itineraries on AZ flights to Europe. You can't redeem DL miles for AZ Premium Economy, though, only coach and business.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Miles needed for J class on Alitalia

Few weeks ago i booked 2 Magnifica (Business) seat on the FCO-MIA-FCO for december 2013 using 80K Miles.

If you want fly on business you dont need to spend 200K Miles, but you should deal with some restriction.

Alitalia garantee not less than 2 Seat for categoy for every flight.

I hope this could help.

Giorgio

Last edited by GiorgioA; Feb 16, 2013 at 11:05 am Reason: Added signature

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.