Wiki Posts
Search

Where are my Airmiles?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Where are my Airmiles?

In December I flew from uk to Abu Dhabi via Rome on Alitalia

It was a new route and they were offering bonus miles on top of the normal miles for the journey. After th journey I had around 6000 Alitalia miles. Today I logged into my account and they ave expired and my miles are 0

Could they ave really expired on 31st December when my last flight was 19th December?

This seems wrong. I thought my mikes would last for 3 years like other airlines!

Not impressed!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
The old millemiglia program started on 2007 and expired on december 31, 2012, because it seems the italian regulations do not allow an award-based plan to last more than 5 years. So yes your miles are gone.
You can still find them on the 2007-2012 tab in your page.

ps as much as I hate the fact that my miles expired, too, I have to say it was fairly well publicized on the site.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:13 am
Original Poster

I am new to flying Alitalia. It just seems wierd to give someone miles and take them back 2 weeks later.

Why did they have a promotion in December when flying to Abu Dhabi?

I feel cheated to be honest, I wouldn't expect to have to read any forum to before I travel to see if my miles for the airline and flight will be valid within 2 weeks of flying. It's something I would presume. Wouldn't everyone else? It's never happened to me with any other loyalty program! Oh well what can you do? I will just avoid them in the future

Was a very good flight and I was happy with everything except this
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:51 am

The old program expired december 31,2012 but until the June 30,2013 we have time to redeem.
the miles are on 2008-2012 tab of the online statement.

link with more info http://www.alitalia.com/GB_EN/millem...ntclosure.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.