Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia to beirut

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Alitalia to beirut

I have been offered the option of flying AZ from GRU to BEY by my TA (all business) The GRU-BEY sector aircraft both ways is listed as 32S on what he sent me. Any idea what acft would this be? Also would this be a European as opposed to Intercontinental service in Business Class?

Thanks in advance for any info
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by rathin100
I have been offered the option of flying AZ from GRU to BEY by my TA (all business) The GRU-BEY sector aircraft both ways is listed as 32S on what he sent me. Any idea what acft would this be? Also would this be a European as opposed to Intercontinental service in Business Class?

Also woudl anyone know whether the new Magnidfica, such as I used the last two times out of JFK, now flies to GRU?

Thanks in advance for any info
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:54 am

The GRU-FCO is operated by a B777 so not currently updated J cabin, however they are being reconfigured so if you fly in the S12 you may find the new J seats. The 32S is an A320 with short haul business class service (although it was said flights over three hours get better catering in Business nowadays?).
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bungler
The GRU-FCO is operated by a B777 so not currently updated J cabin, however they are being reconfigured so if you fly in the S12 you may find the new J seats. The 32S is an A320 with short haul business class service (although it was said flights over three hours get better catering in Business nowadays?).
Thanks! I will ask the TA to check whether it is a S12
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:13 am

Thanks! I will ask the TA to check whether it is a S12
S12 meaning Summer 2012 (April-October).
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bungler
S12 meaning Summer 2012 (April-October).
Oh sorry I misundertood you thsanks. My flight is in January 2012 so i guess that means the old seats... in that case will stump up the extra USD300 and use Star Alliance, LH offers interrcontinental service on both legs

Many thanks for your help
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
LH to Beirut offers the same seats as Y but with the middle seat left empty... Just an FYI.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
LH to Beirut offers the same seats as Y but with the middle seat left empty... Just an FYI.
Thanks! They told me they fly a widebody to BEY?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:31 am

Not to my knowledge (I've flown the BEY-FRA-BEY sector A LOT). They fly an Airbus 320 or 321 and like I said, business class has the same leg room and pitch as in Y with the only differences being the food served and the middle seat left empty.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Oh sorry I misundertood you thsanks. My flight is in January 2012 so i guess that means the old seats...
Quick way to check: see if they sell premium economy (classica plus) on your leg. If there's classica plus: new seats. Otherwise: old seats.

FYI, the old seats on the 777 are not bad. They are angled though.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Not to my knowledge (I've flown the BEY-FRA-BEY sector A LOT). They fly an Airbus 320 or 321 and like I said, business class has the same leg room and pitch as in Y with the only differences being the food served and the middle seat left empty.
Indeed my TA had wrong information Thanks for this. And From Raistlins post below the 777s are fine not the broken planes..
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raistlin
Quick way to check: see if they sell premium economy (classica plus) on your leg. If there's classica plus: new seats. Otherwise: old seats.

FYI, the old seats on the 777 are not bad. They are angled though.
Thanks. I nwill check as you say.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:18 am

The only European airline that flies a wide bodied plane to Beirut is Air France (AFAIK). Otherwise, your best bet for a decent business class seat from any European city is to take Middle East Airlines (our national carrier). If you want to stick with a *A member, try Turkish Airlines from Istanbul or BMI from London. They have decent business class seats. Turkish operates 737s on the IST-BEY-IST route while BMI operates A320s and A321s on the LHR-BEY-LHR route. I don't know much about Alitalia (Sky Team), so can't comment on them and their business class offerings but I know that they too fly A320s or 321s to BEY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.