I have just received an email from Alitalia saying that my flight to Warsaw on December 9th has been cancelled and that I have been automatically re-booked on the previous day's flight. Unfortunately, I can't make it on that day hence I was wondering whether, in such circumstances, I am allowed to ask for a full refund?
A full refund or rerouting, plus compensation: articles 5 + 7
The last time this happened to me, I got the compensation in 6 weeks, a colleague with a reservation on the same flight in 4.
Re the refund, I cancelled a flight a few days ago. I got the cancellation receipt the same day, and in about a couple of days I got the refund credited to the cc.
Thank you! I have just applied for a full refund through the Italian call centre and I shall request compensation [in writing] via customer relations here in the UK. Thanks for the input - much appreciated!
If it is less than two weeks, you can on top of that, ask for compensation under Reg 261/2004.
I wrote to Customer Relations UK, let's see how long it is going to take. That said, I had dealings with them in the past and they've always been pretty efficient when it came to compensations / reimbursements etc. (even though I had status with Alitalia at the time).
Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, Le Club S | Hertz PC, Avis P
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Wow!!!! Now thats very quick!!!!
L'eccezione non la regola secondo me??!!
But they are pretty good on refunds
Based on my experience, that's not an exception. It maybe slightly longer, but defintely not a matter of weeks.
The only warning regarding the case above: in my case, I mentioned a std cancellation, in accordance with the fare rules. AlicorporateUK would cancel the ticket under the Regulation 261, so that cancellation may follow the standard workflow - and timing - for this sort of claims.
Rotolando Verso Sud
Date of Birth: 21/04/53 | Age: 2766 | Name: Rome
I have yet to receive a cancellation invoice whereas I had a swift acknowledgement from the very efficient AZCustomerRelationsUK concerning my demand for compensation (I have asked for 400 Euros, even though I'm not entirely sure of the distance between the 2 cities!). I'll wait and see but I don't think there's much to discuss there (regarding the compensation), given that 1.They cancelled my flight less than 2 weeks from departure and 2.They did not provide me with a suitable alternative in terms of flight schedule. Moreover, they even did not bother to give a reason! Greetings from Poland G