Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia and Diners Club

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Alitalia and Diners Club

Does anyone know when Diners Club stopped the possibility of transferring points to Alitalia? I tried to do so today and was told that they are not a partner.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
In which country is your Diners Club card issued?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
The U.S.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:13 am

Still down as a partner, according to the Alitalia website?

http://www.alitalia.com/EN_EN/millem...es/diners.aspx
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NickyEWR
The U.S.
I expect you already know that Diners Club (Canada and USA) was sold two years ago, and that this weekend the new owners have taken operational control of the accounts. dinersclubus.com and clubrewardsus.com are down now, but when service is restored you will be able to look at the rewards catalog to verify if Alitalia is gone.

Are you trying to top off your Alitalia balance, or only trying to redeem for travel on one of their flights (which you can do through any Skyteam program)?

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Still down as a partner,...
The USA is not listed:

If you hold a Diners Club credit card and reside in Italy, Switzerland, UK, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Luxemburg and Belgium you can convert your Diners Club Rewards points into MilleMiglia miles.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by mia
The USA is not listed:
Well spotted - sorry for that.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:43 am
Original Poster

thanks everyone for the replies. I wanted to top off my Alitalia account w/ miles from my Diners Club. I think I may need to cancel DC as their partner list is small and getting smaller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.