Alitalia new business class on medium haul

Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by ColinBray
I fly this route at least once a month. Have done since 2009. On the Alitalia planes with the flaky-felt green seats, they are almost always broken: the armrests don't work, the lumber board wobbles, the recline is stuck up or sometimes (oddly) down. Rarely are the green seats OK.
I believe that only a small fraction of the AZ fleet has those seats, nowadays: perhaps some old A321s not upgraded to the new std grey seats, and certainly the MD80s to be phased out.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:22 am

I fly this route at least once a month. Have done since 2009. On the Alitalia planes with the flaky-felt green seats, they are almost always broken: the armrests don't work, the lumber board wobbles, the recline is stuck up or sometimes (oddly) down. Rarely are the green seats OK.

As for the staff having 'rest seats', so the hell what? They're being paid to work aren't they? My job doesn't pay me to sleep, even if I'm working overnight.

The busses to planes ratio. Seems to happen to lots of aircraft at Rome - domestic, Schengen or otherwise.

I hope you enjoy your job with them, defending their flaccid service deserves a bonus.
Now then let's be honest with each other here, because I know for pretty much certain that all A321's have been upgraded with the new seats since at least a year ago already so that shouldn't be a cause for complaint.

Oh and obviously none of us work for AZ but I think you knew that anyway.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alice11
...and certainly the MD80s
...which do not operate SVO anyway.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by ulxima
http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/3star.htm

TAM Vermelho.....your company policy is killing you

Ciao
Ulxima
Couldn't agree more ...company policy sucks see what I have to put up with ...TAM, AZ...

At least we don't have diehard defenders of the third rate on the TAM corner of this board....
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by rathin100
At least we don't have diehard defenders of the third rate on the TAM corner of this board....
If you wish I can introduce you to someone....
An Italian who lives in Brasil so pretty much like you.
Then you have to explain him how you ended in Vermelho and proudly showing it here...but that is your business, isn't it?

Ciao
Ulxima
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by ulxima
If you wish I can introduce you to someone....
An Italian who lives in Brasil so pretty much like you.
Then you have to explain him how you ended in Vermelho and proudly showing it here...but that is your business, isn't it?

Ciao
Ulxima
He defends TAM? Please introduce him to me! I'm sure he will understand how I ended up as vermelho

For me airline status is not a matter of pride or nationalism so my Vermelho is a statement of fact, not approbation
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:41 am

I hope you enjoy your job with them, defending their flaccid service deserves a bonus.

Even though all the diehards appear to be from Italy, i don't think they work for AZ, the responses are too thin-skinned and point scoring. If you know something I don't and they do work for AZ, then god help AZ. The job of customer service is to respond and convince not to contest and defend the indefensible.....
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Alice11
I believe that only a small fraction of the AZ fleet has those seats, nowadays: perhaps some old A321s not upgraded to the new std grey seats, and certainly the MD80s to be phased out.
Based on a post on the AZ Facebook page, Alitalia has phased out 5 MD80s today. Roughly, AZ should have now 10-12 MD80s.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: LH Sen, AZ CFP, AB Gold, DL Gold, AF Gold, SPG Plat
business class buses for boarding is what every middle-eastern airline does...
it means 10+10 minutes more of sleep when you fly at night!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by maximus83
business class buses for boarding is what every middle-eastern airline does...
it means 10+10 minutes more of sleep when you fly at night!
Heh... yes that's possible!

But still it would be a lot of work for little benefit if AZ did this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.