Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia new business class on medium haul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Working in London and New York I always try to fly BA. but being Italian sometime I ended up on AZ.

I totally agree with raistlin.. I've had a better experience on medium haul flight in AZ than Air France or BA. A part from the old MD-80s I've never experienced a broken seat or a crew that doesn't take care of customers.
It's hard to find an attentive crew as you could find on a long-haul flight in a premium class but compared to the intra-european flights I think we can't complain.

Never seen separate buses for J pax flying AF or BA either...

PS In Magnifica they don't serve meals on a tray, it might happens only if someone choose the Kosher option as it is almost always served on specific trays (not only on AZ but on many other airlines too)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rathin100
On buses, I was referring to worldwide experience
There is pretty much no separate bussing anywhere in Europe (or the US for that matter) for C class pax. It is pretty common in the Middle East (both for European and other airlines). One can always isolate something which is practice in some other locales but that is pretty meaningless.

Originally Posted by bungler
I don't really see the benefit of bussing J class passengers separately anyway to be honest. You're supposed to be able to board and unboard at any time you want, and it's a waste of a bus which could slow down boarding.
On boarding, I agree. On disembarking, however, it prevents you from disembarking fast, which is one of the advantages of flying in premium class.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:40 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by NickB
There is pretty much no separate bussing anywhere in Europe (or the US for that matter) for C class pax. It is pretty common in the Middle East (both for European and other airlines). One can always isolate something which is practice in some other locales but that is pretty meaningless.

I agree that this is not common practice in Europe I've been separately bused on Finnair and on LH and LX they give you a limo if in first or top tier FF but given the ubiquity of busing in FCO I think they should consider it.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
I agree that this is not common practice in Europe I've been separately bused on Finnair and on LH and LX they give you a limo if in first or top tier FF but given the ubiquity of busing in FCO I think they should consider it.
So, we have gone from "how comes they don't even do this? everyone anywhere does this!" to "a few airports and airlines here and there do this, and LH does this if you are in F (a service class AZ does not even offer)".

Good.

Sooner or later we'll solve the tray mistery, too, I'm sure.

BTW: just to figure out how "common" you can find bad service on AZ, exactly, how many legs have you flown with AZ over the past year? I'm at over 40 and counting (out of 62 total skyteam legs), with no instances of trays in Magnifica, nor of crews snoring on the back seats of Y class aircrafts.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by raistlin

BTW: just to figure out how "common" you can find bad service on AZ, exactly, how many legs have you flown with AZ over the past year? I'm at over 40 and counting (out of 62 total skyteam legs), with no of trays in Magnifica, nor of crews snoring on the back seats of Y class aircrafts.
I have flown eight sectors on Magnifica, all forced by company policy( I don't fly third rate airlines out of choice) and service was poor by international standards on all of them.
On the busing read my post if you need to understand the meaning of the word ubiquity look up a dictionary

I'm not Italian by the way to all AZ defenders. I'm Asian. Just for the record

The rest of your personalized and aggressive post gets the response it deserves, below

Last edited by rathin100; Oct 26, 2011 at 11:04 am
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:56 am

So, we have gone from "how comes they don't even do this? everyone anywhere does this!" to "a few airports and airlines here and there do this, and LH does this if you are in F (a service class AZ does not even offer)".

Good.

Sooner or later we'll solve the tray mistery, too, I'm sure.

BTW: just to figure out how "common" you can find bad service on AZ, exactly, how many legs have you flown with AZ over the past year? I'm at over 40 and counting (out of 62 total skyteam legs), with no instances of trays in Magnifica, nor of crews snoring on the back seats of Y class aircrafts.

Grow up.

Understand that agreeing with a different point of view as I did is something constructive and not something to trigger high school defensiveness Try and get rid of the police interrogation mode of speech. It does not really work beyond your teens, you know. Also " I'm the most frequent
frequent flyer on this airline so I must be right" testosterone is something best left behind as an adult

Get a sense of humour. Take a deep breath. it's OK
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Rathin honestly I have to agree with raistlin again.. He's not the one that has to grow up..

I never received a poor service on AZ (apart from domestic flights on the old MD80), and on TATL they were often better than BA in terms of service (not in terms of hard product though nor lounges)..

Among the skyteam alliance the only carrier that actually gave me a better service had been KLM, AirFrance, Alitalia and Delta are on the same level for me...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ale.penazzi
apart from domestic flights on the old MD80
I have to say the M80 is one of my favourite Alitalia planes, especially the ones with the huge business class seats which you can get even with an economy ticket on domestic flights. A pity that AZ'll be phasing out the M80's, although it's true they have a higher rate of needing techincal fixes which can cause delays.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bungler
I have to say the M80 is one of my favourite Alitalia planes, especially the ones with the huge business class seats which you can get even with an economy ticket on domestic flights.
Love those seats ;-)

But the planes are really getting old and breaking down often. Still, pains my hearth to see them being dismantled in FCO :-(
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:05 pm

On the busing read my post if you need to understand the meaning of the word ubiquity look up a dictionary
ubiq·ui·tous
adj \yü-ˈbi-kwə-təs\
Definition of UBIQUITOUS
: existing or being everywhere at the same time : constantly encountered : widespread <a ubiquitous fashion>

Definitely, "present in some airports in Asia" does not match the dictionary's definition of "ubiquitous".

But I will stop feeding the obvious troll.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Love those seats ;-)
[Nostalgic Mode ON] The good old days on the FCO-WAW, 99% of times operated with the mighty Douglas - so many nice memories... And the AliSnack... [Nostalgic Mode OFF]
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: MilleMiglia Freccia Alata Plus, BA Gold, Aeroflot Bonus
I fly this route at least once a month. Have done since 2009. On the Alitalia planes with the flaky-felt green seats, they are almost always broken: the armrests don't work, the lumber board wobbles, the recline is stuck up or sometimes (oddly) down. Rarely are the green seats OK.

As for the staff having 'rest seats', so the hell what? They're being paid to work aren't they? My job doesn't pay me to sleep, even if I'm working overnight.

The busses to planes ratio. Seems to happen to lots of aircraft at Rome - domestic, Schengen or otherwise.

I hope you enjoy your job with them, defending their flaccid service deserves a bonus.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ColinBray
On the Alitalia planes with the flaky-felt green seats, they are almost always broken: the armrests don't work, the lumber board wobbles, the recline is stuck up or sometimes (oddly) down. Rarely are the green seats OK.
Perhaps you are referring to the old A321s - if that's the case, I have to agree.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 2:12 pm

As for the staff having 'rest seats', so the hell what? They're being paid to work aren't they? My job doesn't pay me to sleep, even if I'm working overnight.
Is it your business to organize staff? On most overnight long haul flights there are rest seat for the crew. This is important to maintain alertness and ensure you are flying safe.

Your job doesn't pay you to sleep, but thanks to heavens, you're not flying planes.

I hope you enjoy your job with them, defending their flaccid service deserves a bonus.
I hope you enjoy being so smart, you just discovered the Alitalia conspiracy, tens of employees here to monitor this all-important bullettin board.

Mavala' !
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
I have flown eight sectors on Magnifica, all forced by company policy( I don't fly third rate airlines out of choice)
http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/3star.htm

TAM Vermelho.....your company policy is killing you

Ciao
Ulxima

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.