Wiki Posts
Search

ORD-TLV experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: co AA ua
ORD-TLV experience

I am back from ORD-TLV-ORD via Rome. I must say that after reading the comments here and in skytrax I was a little worried. But I must say that I cannot understand why everyone critisize Alitalia.

I went there on Magnifica and came back in coach. Magnifica service was nice. Food was not great, but it was more because I ordered gluten free food. The served a bland fish as my entree, but presentation and service was nice. My son had the pasta from the regular menu and seemed appetizing. Flight attendants were plesant and professional. Quite friendly. The only comment I had was that the bathrooms were not that clean and well kept through out the flight.

Rome connection was easy. But airconditioning was not very efficient and the H gates remindes me of a bus station. But this is not necessarily alitalia's fault.

The lounge in O'hare needs to be updated and the selection of drinks was poor. The lounge in Rome is nice and we used the shower to freshen up. The catering from rome was better and I got a steak, quite good.

On the way back flight was on time, the breakfast from Tel-Aviv to Rome was kind of small but this is a very short flight. Rome transfer a nightmare as there was a huge queue in security screening but it moved pretty fast.

The flight to Chicago departed late as the aircraft waited for passengers. But food in economy nice, and they do serve wine with meals. Also ice cream after the meal.

All flight attendants professional and polite. Very helpful and patient with kids. They were present in the cabin. Maybe I was lucky but I would not hesitate to choose Alitalia again for the right price. They are definitely comparable to any american carrier or EL AL on flights to Israel. ^^

Erez
Old Aug 20, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Thanks ehartal

Originally Posted by ehartal
Rome connection was easy. But airconditioning was not very efficient and the H gates remindes me of a bus station. But this is not necessarily alitalia's fault.
Indeed, this is not an Alitalia's fault, it's an ADR's fault. ADR is the company managing the airport.

Air conditioning is always mismanaged, or set to low levels for some reason I ignore. Very unpleasant, although this sort of air conditioning does match the local attitude.

The H area is a pain. Previously a sort of spare gates that now are always crowded. The aiport is basically running at full capacity and I'd not expect any improvement until the new concourse will be ready for use.

Last edited by Alice11; Aug 20, 2011 at 7:36 am
Old Aug 20, 2011, 8:06 am

Thanks for the feedback ehartal (or Erez?).^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.