Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Change in Baggage policy (J allowance now 2×32KG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Since 1/05/2011 the Business class baggage allowance has been reduced from 3×23KG to 2×32KG. I'm quite neutral because 3 bags is a lot whereas 23KG each isn't much, so the allowance has been rendered more "sensible" with 2 bags and 32KG each.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bungler
Since 1/05/2011 the Business class baggage allowance has been reduced from 3×23KG to 2×32KG. I'm quite neutral because 3 bags is a lot whereas 23KG each isn't much, so the allowance has been rendered more "sensible" with 2 bags and 32KG each.
Actually, the previous allowance was 3x23, but if you checked in 2 pieces of 30kg each that would still be allowed. It's more of a clarification than an actual change, I'd say.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by raistlin
Actually, the previous allowance was 3x23, but if you checked in 2 pieces of 30kg each that would still be allowed. It's more of a clarification than an actual change, I'd say.
my thoughts too^
Old May 8, 2011, 10:00 am

Do any of you know if AZ restricts carry-ons to 1 piece in J?
Old May 8, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by S_D_P
Never when I have flown - but I believe in common sense, if you don't bring two "big" cases on the plane...
Old May 8, 2011, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S_D_P
Call me biased but I think most would agree that even in Y things aren't very strictly enforced at all.

In fact, due to my not quite as common as some flying habits no doubt, the only airline that has ever checked me on this is FR (not even U2 checked me).

Also, AZ regulations allow for one piece and one personal item/bag/PC so within common sense, as said above, there should be no problem at all.
Old May 8, 2011, 7:29 pm

Thanks to all of you for the help! Much appreciated.
Old May 8, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bungler
Call me biased but I think most would agree that even in Y things aren't very strictly enforced at all.

In fact, due to my not quite as common as some flying habits no doubt, the only airline that has ever checked me on this is FR (not even U2 checked me).

Also, AZ regulations allow for one piece and one personal item/bag/PC so within common sense, as said above, there should be no problem at all.
Things in Y are being enforced a bit more, but I agree with the posts above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.