Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Change in excess Baggage charge policy (extra weight aligned with extra piece)

Old May 9, 2011, 12:07 am
Original Poster

For tickets issued as of 1/05/2011 (1/06/2011 for the USA) the following changes have been made:
-Within Europe+North Africa, extra weight (up to 32KG) charge has been reduced to 55€.
-Between Europe and the Middle East, extra weight has been reduced to 75€ and extra piece has been increased to 75€.
-From/to Japan and China, extra piece has been increased to 100€.
-Between the USA and Europe, North Africa (excl. CAI) extra weight has been reduced to 75€, extra piece has been increased to 75€.

Along with the J allowance modification, I believe AZ has done a good job in rationalizing the new piece concept allowance. All that remains to be found out is wether they have simply followed AFKL or if this is a self-driven change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.