Search

Seward to Anchorage Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Seward to Anchorage Question

Hello all.

I'm taking a cruise with wife and infant child that is terminating in Seward in the wee hours. We have a flight out of Anchorage that same evening at 9:30pm. In looking at transportation into Anchorage, it seems that coach and rail are the two main options. The rail though appears to arrive too late for us to catch our flight as does the evening coach service. Is my only option to take the morning coach that will get us to the airport at 1pm-ish and hang around there until our flight?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 2:33 pm

There are heaps of shuttle services that operate between Seward and ANC when ships are in.

http://www.discoveranchorage.net/914.cfm

One lists a 4pm departure from Seward with a 7pm scheduled arrival into Anchorage. (But you certainly should check availability, costs and schedules by phone or email)
Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Here's another list of bus transfer options:

http://alaska.org/gettingaround/alaska-bus-lines.htm

I thought the cruise companies provided transportation from the port to Anchorage. Someone told me once that the cruise company's bus was free or they could upgrade to the Alaska Railroad for an extra $59 or so (this was a few years ago, though). You might want to check with your cruise company to see what transportation options they offer.

And a little plug for Alaska itself: do us justice next time and spend some time in the state itself. It's so much grander and more majestic than what you see from a boat...(and if you can change your flight reservations to allow a few days or even a few weeks after docking, you won't regret it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.