Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

Hilton Anchorage or Sheraton Anchorage

Hilton Anchorage or Sheraton Anchorage

Old May 15, 2007, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
I can't believe I did not write this earlier.
If there are any doubts that salmon makes you fertile, one trip to anchorage will dispel them. It just seemed to city was teeming with pregnant women (who just happened to be in the late teens or early 20s). Then again, it could be all those military guys they have there.

That or the cold weather.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AAdvantage, Miles & More, HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport
The Anchorage Sheraton, HANDS DOWN! I always stay there whenever possible. Since I go to ANC a lot for work, conferences, collaboration, etc., they are really great to you! The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the staff has always treated me well, even if someone has done wrong. It's not quite in the middle of downtown, but depending on when you go, it's a nice walk...
Old May 19, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by badjuju
Anchorage was a bit chilly - 50 degrees and that was expected.
50 degrees chilly, in May? Where are you from?
Old May 20, 2007, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The Marriott Downtown ANC is a pretty nice place close to the mall an within a walking distance to other nice places and many cafes. The Visitors Center is next door, too.

If you have a rental car you might want to spend a bit time around Lake Hood ! ^ Very nice in the summertime and theres a nice aviation museum close to it
Old May 21, 2007, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Yes, as many have said, the Sheraton (or Captain Cook) hands-down. I worked for one of the tour company's in Alaska last summer, and spent a LOT of time at the Hilton. I heard many, many guests (along with myself) say, "This is NOT on par with the 'Hilton' expectations." Avoid it.
Old May 25, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I had quite nice experiences at the Hilton. Stayed there three times (different days) on a trip. Also stayed at the Hampton Inn in Anchorage (which was surprisingly nice for an HI).

The Hilton is quite conveniently located to many things (mall and many restaurants/shops are easily walkable).

I can't say how the Sheraton compares as I've never stayed there, but it doesn't seem to be quite as conveniently located.

The Captain Cook is, IMO, overrated. I stayed there once and paid an arm and a leg in March for a basic room. Free Internet access was nice, but not worth the price of the room.

Guess I'll have to check out the Sheraton now...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.