Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thought QX had retired the Q200

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2008, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Thought QX had retired the Q200

It was reported that Horizon was grounding the remaining Q200 fleet by the end of October. So I was quite surprised to see a Q200 pull up in SEA the other day in the afternoon - N348PH.

Anybody know what that was/is all about?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by n7371f
It was reported that Horizon was grounding the remaining Q200 fleet by the end of October. So I was quite surprised to see a Q200 pull up in SEA the other day in the afternoon - N348PH.

Anybody know what that was/is all about?
There's also at least one on the ground much of the time in Portland. Serves as a backup for mechanical difficulties or delays. It's made it out to Redmond at least once in the past week. Tail numbers I've seen are N350PH and N352PH.

I'm hoping I'll get on one of these soon. I miss 'em.

Dave
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:48 am

I believe there are a couple of planes left and they still have some Dash 8 pilots available - I think until the end of the month.

So, they are retired, but I think they got bored in retirement, and the wife kicked them out, so now they are doing a little work on the side.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Yes, there are still 3 Q200s in the fleet which are used as spares. What Horizon meant is that they were removing the Q200 from scheduled service at the end of October. That said, they actually do see regular service, as there is frequently a Q400 sidelined for some reason. I believe they are being removed at the end of December.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by davew-krdm
There's also at least one on the ground much of the time in Portland. Serves as a backup for mechanical difficulties or delays. It's made it out to Redmond at least once in the past week. Tail numbers I've seen are N350PH and N352PH.

I'm hoping I'll get on one of these soon. I miss 'em.

Dave
Just looked in my cellphone and I've flown on both those A/C out of PUW... sad to see the Q200 retired...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.