Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BA award to BKK or SIN available after 08/31?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA

I know after August 31st you can't get a BA award to Australia but what about Bangkok or Singapore? Both destinations are between India & Australia so I wonder if I could book a BA award using the India redemption table. Thanks, Mike
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Post #13 appears to answer this question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...hlight=asia+ba
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Post #13 appears to answer this question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...hlight=asia+ba
Actually, the answer is pretty ambiguous in that thread. SFO-LHR-BKK was charged as an "Australia/Asia" award when I did it back in 2005. I suspect there will be no more awards to Asia once the Australia award goes away.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
I would think all of Asia will be gone. I have booked 2 of these trips and they have been booked the same as Australia/S Pacific. Was there ever an answer to the question if changes can be made to existing bookings after 8/31? I looked and could not find it. I am considering booking one now for 11 months out but want some flexibility to change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.