Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
WARNING HORIZON is changing and then yet again changing trips that flights are being dropped etc. I went into "my trips" today to discover that one of my trips (four flights) was dropped out of "My trips" and when the agent restored it a leg ( important one I might add) was totally eliminated ! It took sometime to get this resolved.

KEEP CHECKING your advance reservations it's getting weird at Horizon and it seems one can not totally rely on them presently. Maybe they will get a new CEO.
Horizon's CEO is the same as Alaska Airlines CEO. He is CEO of Alaska Air Group which owns both subsidiaries. David Campbell is President and COO of Horizon, do you mean him?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Baze
Horizon's CEO is the same as Alaska Airlines CEO. He is CEO of Alaska Air Group which owns both subsidiaries. David Campbell is President and COO of Horizon, do you mean him?
Yes I believe I was referring to Horizon in several of my posts. This mess their in did not start overnight nor did it start 30 or 60 days ago. As a long time Alaska/Horizon FF I like many of us have seen different issues from time to time but this one is really bad. I have had a trip rescheduled three times as soon as one is emailed to me another one comes! Then today I discovered they deleted from my account and canceled one leg all together. Really?

Being less than 70K left to 1mm I think I have earned the right to ......
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I'd be avoiding ANY QX flights (except those out of ANC) for the forseeable future.

One has been OO'd, another just moved.

Have several segments upcoming SEA-PDX-SEA... yeehaw.

Might be worth it to just get the one-stop.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Thanks to the QX shenanigans, now on board N434QX Milton G Kuolt II and collecting an additional segment and 500 EQM/1000 RDM. Let's see if the stars will align fast enough to standby an illegal connection.

ETA: Flow control so no dice. At least my original connection went back on time after an appearant fat finger.
Attached Images  

Last edited by rustykettel; Aug 1, 2017 at 8:18 am
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Baze
Just reading July's Beyond QX edition and Campbell is identified as President & CEO of Horizon Air several times.

Money quote "This is just the beginning of Horizon's exponential growth. [...]The future of a new Horizon Air is taking off now."
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Just reading July's Beyond QX edition and Campbell is identified as President & CEO of Horizon Air several times.

Money quote "This is just the beginning of Horizon's exponential growth. [...]The future of a new Horizon Air is taking off now."
Well i think he has spoken a bit too soon. There is no way that this issue they have just happened it's been brewing for quite sometime now so my sources say. And they are losing pilots to Big Brown and others. And their answer is to send green pilots to third world nations to log time in the Q, really? Now that makes me feel really warm and fuzzy.

Mr. Campbell has his hands full and he needs to reassure his flying public that he has a plan. right now it's all #$#$#$%$# coming out of them.

Just saying.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sorry to interrupt the regularly scheduled programming here, but popping into comment on what a mess FI @ KEF was yesterday, or is it normal to board without respect to class, making folks wait in a holding pen, and again on the jetway? At least the lounge was nice. I asked if one of the canapes might be octopus, which horrified the attendants: "NO!" I replied I was disappointed (it was only cream cheese).
Putrified shark was all hype, but the souvenir shirt from the processing plant is cool.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Sorry to interrupt the regularly scheduled programming here, but popping into comment on what a mess FI @ KEF was yesterday, or is it normal to board without respect to class, making folks wait in a holding pen, and again on the jetway? At least the lounge was nice. I asked if one of the canapes might be octopus, which horrified the attendants: "NO!" I replied I was disappointed (it was only cream cheese).
Putrified shark was all hype, but the souvenir shirt from the processing plant is cool.
My standard reply to KEF
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
FI credit did post quite promptly!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:23 pm

Just booked an S fare class flight SEA-DCA, and even with an empty FC and PC, no U space available. I know it's one of the more popular routes, but I figured they'd have at least one open U spot 4 months in advance.

On the bright side, at least I'm getting the very nice +50% bonus miles for Y/S fare classes.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:33 am

Traffic was a bit on the Glenn tonite.

Was planning on spending a bit of time at the BR, but most of that time was spent on the road. Construction paving the center lane had three lanes merged into one... and there was no way around the cluster. Ended up making the flight and 15 minutes in the BR too... but was concerned with traffic stopped.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I need to do nyc sea yvr and have now booked nyc-xlax-sea (in F) thru +1's 75K account.
I called AS and was told if i want to add seayvr then ill need to do nyc-osea-yvr and with 10k miles extra (to 35k) but if i want to keep the VX flight then ill need to ticket sea yvr seperately...

Questions
1) I canNOT have a transit then a stopover?
2) 24hr cooling off period doesnt really affect me since miles were taken from a 75k account?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Question... For a Y class ticket (or any with bonus miles) is the minimum earning 500 miles or does that it also get bumped by the bonus to 750? Have some PDX-SEA segments coming up.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by leland
Question... For a Y class ticket (or any with bonus miles) is the minimum earning 500 miles or does that it also get bumped by the bonus to 750? Have some PDX-SEA segments coming up.
Yes, if you have paid for full Y the COS bonus is 50%. You will earn EQM of 500 minimum miles +50% COS bonus for a total of 750 EQM. If you have Elite status, the bonus RDM will be added as well. 750 EDQ, RDM 1000, 1250, 1375 for MVP, MVPG, MVPG75K.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by leland
It does get bumped up. Ie 25% yields 625% miles flown. Same for EQM, just no % bump for MM'er.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.