Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: Qantas Alaska
Question for you all. I'm flying To Australia via SFO later this year, and would like access to a lounge with showers at SFO. Im MVP 75K, using points to SFO and then to BNE.

Also, how do I actually locate business class seats when using Alaska miles to get to Australia? It only ever seems to show me economy or premium economy options.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by pawsyd
Question for you all. I'm flying To Australia via SFO later this year, and would like access to a lounge with showers at SFO. Im MVP 75K, using points to SFO and then to BNE.

Also, how do I actually locate business class seats when using Alaska miles to get to Australia? It only ever seems to show me economy or premium economy options.
If you have AMEX PLT NP, otherwise check your award carrier
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by pawsyd

We need a bit more information.

What carrier? Some have lounge access, some don't.

What class? This will determine the lounge you can access.

You can see the seat map of the carrier you are flying on that carrier's website. Your confirmation code is noted under the AS code in you account on Alaskaair.com. Some carriers allow you to pick seats in advance while others make you wait until check-in or require a separate fee to select the seat.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Welcome to Flyertalk pawsyd! Another option if you don't otherwise have access (and it's a bit spendy) is a day pass from either the Admirals Club or Sky Club but you'd probably have to change terminals and reclear security. Both have showers according to their websites.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
It has been quite awhile since I have seen any MVPG lunch reports on this forum. Did AS discontinue the lunches or are they now sworn to secrecy?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JPat
It has been quite awhile since I have seen any MVPG lunch reports on this forum. Did AS discontinue the lunches or are they now sworn to secrecy?
Just got an email about a Train concert at Chateau ste Michelle. Picked up 4 free tix!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by JPat
The Gold lunches (and breakfasts) were discontinued a few years ago. There are some special events, such as the one noted above. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what these events are or when they will take place.

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Just got an email about a Train concert at Chateau ste Michelle. Picked up 4 free tix!
Is this an Alaska Air event or a BofA Alaska Air event? BofA hosted a preview of the new X-Men Apocalypse in May in Anchorage. AS has done nothing up here in years that I have heard of.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BOB W
The Gold lunches (and breakfasts) were discontinued a few years ago. There are some special events, such as the one noted above. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what these events are or when they will take place.

Is this an Alaska Air event or a BofA Alaska Air event? BofA hosted a preview of the new X-Men Apocalypse in May in Anchorage. AS has done nothing up here in years that I have heard of.
It's MileagePlan and Visa co-branded, so hard to tell. No mention of BoA.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:57 am

Is it just me or does the hold music for Reservations sound like an instrumental Handbags and Gladrags aka the theme music from The Office?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
First was the pancake machine...now, I submit, a worthy contender for its evening counterpart:

http://www.ozy.com/good-sht/this-mag...-anarchy/71359

It’s the first “espresso-tiramisu” cake machine, invented by Italian gourmet-scientist Iuri Merlini, who thought it was about time a dessert was served as fast as a coffee espresso. With Meesoo, the yummy treat oozes out of a metal tube right into the cup at the counter of a bar (savor and go, like a shot) — cold, fresh and soft.
Yum!

Last edited by amunter; Aug 26, 2016 at 11:41 am Reason: Added in quote from the original source.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Glacier National Park

Next week, I will be flying ORD-SEA-FCA (near Glacier National Park).

I've never been to Glacier and would appreciate your thoughts. We have 2.5 days there. We will rent bear spray and love to hike.

Also haven't been on Horizon in a long time.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Next week, I will be flying ORD-SEA-FCA (near Glacier National Park).

I've never been to Glacier and would appreciate your thoughts. We have 2.5 days there. We will rent bear spray and love to hike.

Also haven't been on Horizon in a long time.
Been probably 1.5 decades since I was there, but the folks in this forum will be the experts to help you plan your trip: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west-456/
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:52 am

Flow control at PDX this morning. Given to the captain after we pushed back and started taxiing in EUG. Expected wait is about the same length as flight time.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
@ AKSF
Attached Images     
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
In the hellhole that is SAN. Send Marines to liberate us plz.

(Seriously? Cannot understand the whining about no Bored Room here. This is WAY better than LAX T3rdWorld or, say LAS A/B gates. Decent restaurant and coffee, restrooms fine. I don't get it.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.