Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
The offerings in the ANC BR are particularly pathetic tonight. a 1/3 full bowl of "wilted lettuce" (a phrase I overheard but can confirm), a few pieces of dried out cheddar & pepper jack cheese & some tomatoes, a few picked over crackers. Oh, yeah, the usual bowl of apples & a couple of oranges.

9:45 PM, but this is awful.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
They just brought out a half full bowl of tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole. It's all good now
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
The offerings in the ANC BR are particularly pathetic tonight. a 1/3 full bowl of "wilted lettuce" (a phrase I overheard but can confirm), a few pieces of dried out cheddar & pepper jack cheese & some tomatoes, a few picked over crackers. Oh, yeah, the usual bowl of apples & a couple of oranges.

Lettuce & cookies @ SEA BR tonight...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W

Based upon your description, it sounds like the wilted lettuce bowl is "2/3 empty."

On the other hand, it might have been a gourmet array of "pressed vegetables, aged cheeses, and specially selected crackers, along with fresh imported fruits."
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Poor fellow in the LAX club was in shock to learn that his DL codeshare paid F ticket to DCA couldn't be linked to his Alitalia number: "That's A LOT of miles, and I need them to keep Sky Priority status!"
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Sounds like someone trying to skirt DL's systems
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Hello

Hi Everyone - first time post, thought this would be a good place to start.

I've been lurking for several months, finally took the plunge and created an account. I don't travel a lot for work, mostly leisure, but I realized I may be able to make MVP on AS this year - so I convinced my wife to fly to DTW 2 weeks ago, with a trip to ZIH next month I'll be within 700 miles of MVP - guess I need find a cheap RT somewhere to get those last few miles.

As the kids are all in college now, we will probably be doing some more traveling - our goal over the next 5-10 years is to visit every US National Park (currently there are 59). This will create some forced adventures, because some of them are only accessible by boat (Northern Michigan, American Samoa) or plane (Alaska). And yes, on our trip to DTW we were able to check one off the list - there is actually a NP less than 3 hours from DTW.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Last edited by Earendel; Oct 28, 2014 at 11:59 am Reason: Fixed typos
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:11 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

You're in good company seeking Passport Stamps for National Parks ^

Welcome to FT Earendel^
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Earendel
our goal over the next 5-10 years is to visit every US National Park (currently there are 59). This will create some forced adventures, because some of them are only accessible by boat (Northern Michigan, American Samoa) or plane (Alaska). And yes, on our trip to DTW we were able to check one off the list - there is actually a NP less than 3 hours from DTW.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
You're three months too late--a couple dozen of us FlyerTalkers visited Glacier Bay NP earlier this summer. (We also did Katmai last year from Kodiak and have done Denali several times.)

But in any case, welcome to FlyerTalk!

And don't limit yourself to just the 59 National Parks themselves--the National Park Service operates 406 different units, including National Monuments, National Historic Sites, and many other classes of parks. I have found many of the ones that aren't "full" National Parks to be among the most interesting--and I now have close to 300 stamps in my National Parks Passport book.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I know about all of the others - maybe after I retire I can set that goal - for now all of the NPs will do. Just need to figure out how to talk my wife into going to American Samoa or get on a Bush Plane to get to the remote Alaskan parks. We'll start with the continental parks for a few years and branch out from there. It was a major win to get her to do a 3 day trip to DTW, though (I think she's warming to the idea)
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Just got approved for the Alaska Airlines Visa (finally!!). Of course after I just spent nearly $400 on an AS ticket. Oh well only 1200 points lost. 25K bonus miles and $100 statement credit with no minimum spend.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Just got approved for the Alaska Airlines Visa (finally!!). Of course after I just spent nearly $400 on an AS ticket. Oh well only 1200 points lost. 25K bonus miles and $100 statement credit with no minimum spend.
Congrats!

We had faith
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Congrats!

We had faith
Well, maybe you did.

J/K. Welcome back to the club, Seedy King!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm hoping to apply for the UA card in a few months when I know I can get the $2K spend in 3 months. shouldn't be a problem for OZ Fest.

Oh and I got the US Airway CC at the end of September w/ 40K miles and no min spend. With my orphan US miles i'm just about 60K US miles so close to a one way J/F trip on OneWorld once the programs merge. US gave me a companion cert too hopefully it will be good long enough to use once US metal goes away so I can credit miles to AS
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like they gave me platinum plus instead of signature so only 5K miles and no companion cert Looks like i will need to call to see if they will reconsider for Signature for the full benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.