Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by longdrelation
I figured I'd throw in something positive to balance out the negatives that we've seen lately (what, with fee changes, etc).
I was skimming the DL forum and came across someone who was asking whether to fly DL or AS to HI. The OP are from ORD. Multiple responses came back that the AS service is superior, etc. All, save some AS FT'ers like beckoa, were DL fans.
Just thought it was pretty neat to see an outsider's view of AS.
Flying First to Hawaii: Delta or Alaska?
Always gotta plug AS when I can Even @ work (guess eventually I should change fields of employment )

Here's another thread where others including myself brought up AS in comparison to AAnother carrier to Hawaii

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post13835750
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Quick cheeseburger question

are they only offered on westbound flights?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
are they only offered on westbound flights?
I had AS offered an Island Style (with taro bun) offered on an Eastbound Hawaii flight in 2008... can't recall for the rest (been a long time since I had a burger )
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Travel advisory to Arizona? bring your birth certificates?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I thought those hoity-toity offerings were only on Mexican runs?
Bump of a reminder to see if they are on any AS flights... I'll be on some West Coast, Alaska, Transcon and Hawaii ones next week in F... would be interesting to try...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:31 am

Here's a quick shoutout to jackal who just held his first AS itin in over a year... if he flies everything he has purchased and plans to... he'll hit MVP again
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by beckoa
Bump of a reminder to see if they are on any AS flights... I'll be on some West Coast, Alaska, Transcon and Hawaii ones next week in F... would be interesting to try...
Sampling every kind of service AS has to offer
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:25 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I'm on AS16 SEA-MIA tonight (departing 10:40 PM). How can I tell what that particular aircraft will be doing today before 10PM?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Sampling every kind of service AS has to offer
And even a bit of QX

But short range QX... for more miles (the best kind)
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Here's a quick shoutout to jackal who just held his first AS itin in over a year... if he flies everything he has purchased and plans to... he'll hit MVP again
Woohoo!! You better throw a party for him after he completes the trip that will push him over 25K!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Woohoo!! You better throw a party for him after he completes the trip that will push him over 25K!
Well that'll give you an excuse to come up here then (on your quest of MVPG 75K )
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by baliktad
I'm on AS16 SEA-MIA tonight (departing 10:40 PM). How can I tell what that particular aircraft will be doing today before 10PM?
If at the airport find what inbound A/C will be using that gate... beyond that- would need inside info like the tracking website we had for N644AS for a while...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:17 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
when is the make a wish 734 being defleeted? Its in worse shape than the old spirit of disney was in
Old May 1, 2010, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by ANC
when is the make a wish 734 being defleeted? Its in worse shape than the old spirit of disney was in
No idea, but AS just received their 1st of 4 738s to be delivered this year last Thursday.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy
No idea, but AS just received their 1st of 4 738s to be delivered this year last Thursday.
And AS will have a net loss of A/C this year too...

Would be fun to have some more liveries though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.