Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS50 upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

AS50 upgrades

As I understand it, one cannot upgrade AS50 awards with the MVPG upgrade coupons. If U space exists at the time MVPG complimentary upgrades clear, can an AS50 upgrade be processed?

Thanks!
Old May 3, 2007, 11:23 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
you cannot use complimentary upgrades at all with the AS50
Old May 4, 2007, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the insight, Missy!
Old May 4, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by DuckDuckSwan
As I understand it, one cannot upgrade AS50 awards with the MVPG upgrade coupons. If U space exists at the time MVPG complimentary upgrades clear, can an AS50 upgrade be processed?

Thanks!
As missydarlin said, you cannot use comp upgrades with an AS50. As an MVP, I can report that some gate agents will comp you just before boarding, if you ask nicely and F is not full. But please do not EXPECT it, as they are breaking policy when they do this.

I have even had an award ticket comped to F, which really surprised me.
Old May 4, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I've been upgraded three times on an AS50 award, either at the gate or at check-in. Be VERY grateful if it happens to you.
Old May 21, 2007, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
The search function worked great! I'll see if the eskimo smiles on me on my way to Alaska. Thanks for the info Missy and others.
Old May 21, 2007, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to thank you folks again for your insight. As it turns out, both segments of my AS50 itinerary were less than half full in first, and the gate agent upgraded me both times. I wasn't expecting anything and was really pleased when it happened!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.