9,050 miles for wine (AK Mileage Plan)

Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Talking 9,050 miles for wine (AK Mileage Plan)

HEY! i just got an e-mail from the AK mileage plan letting me know that if i join a wine club i can get 2,750 miles when i join, plus 5 miles for every dollar (6 with my AKVisa) have you seen this? i joined. u should too....www.vinesse.com/alksolo0207 let me know. 9,050 miles in 1st year
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:37 pm

wine

In response to your question about joining Vinesse for the miles, I would recommend not to. I decided to try it for the bonus but the wines are absolute crap. In addition, you will occaisionally recieve a letter that Vinesse will send you wine unless you fail to respond to the letter. This has cost me about $250.

I would suggest paying attention to more quality partner programs.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Seattleflier
In response to your question about joining Vinesse for the miles, I would recommend not to. I decided to try it for the bonus but the wines are absolute crap. In addition, you will occaisionally recieve a letter that Vinesse will send you wine unless you fail to respond to the letter. This has cost me about $250.

I would suggest paying attention to more quality partner programs.
Thank you Seattleflier! flyer021682 made no sense to me. We should join? Why? let me know? he says Let you know? How?
"i joined. u should too."
Oh Dear!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Delta SkyMiles Silver, ICH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Seattleflier
I decided to try it for the bonus but the wines are absolute crap. In addition, you will occaisionally recieve a letter that Vinesse will send you wine unless you fail to respond to the letter. This has cost me about $250.
My experience has been very different...

I joined the "Elevant" club--their high end program--about 6 months ago and receive 2 very nice reds each month. I've had a chance to try some wines from Australia and CA that I've never seen in a store and I have been very impressed. Never got one of those letters that I needed to respond to, but I have received e-mails offering 'grab-bag specials' for about $120 a case that have been outstanding.

^^ ^
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:19 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
Originally Posted by SEA_Traveler
My experience has been very different...

I joined the "Elevant" club--their high end program--about 6 months ago and receive 2 very nice reds each month. I've had a chance to try some wines from Australia and CA that I've never seen in a store and I have been very impressed. Never got one of those letters that I needed to respond to, but I have received e-mails offering 'grab-bag specials' for about $120 a case that have been outstanding.
Two thoughts here.

The first is that when you have wine shipped to you it is best to wait at least 2 weeks before drinking it. Wine needs to settle after being shipped.

Secondly, if you buy cheap wine you usually get cheap wine. There are times when you find that rare diamonds in the rough in a $10 bottle of wine but most of the time you just get a $10 bottle of wine.

Life's too short to drink bad wine.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:30 pm

how easy is it to cancel this? can u try for 1 month, then cancel but still get the intro bonus miles?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.