Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2,250 free miles for signing up - Vinesse Wine CLub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2006, 12:23 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Alaska Airlines is pleased to announce Vinesse Wine Club as a New Mileage Plan Partner.

Now you can earn Mileage Plan Miles when you subscribe to the Vinesse Wine Club. You'll receive 2,250 miles just for signing up—plus 5 miles for every dollar you spend on wine and merchandise. There are plenty of clubs to choose from and you'll get wine and miles every month!

http://www.vinesse.com
Old May 29, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS, IHG
Miles with alcohol... what an irresistable combination! Any idea how long this takes to post to your acct?

-A
Old Jun 1, 2006, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by AinA
Miles with alcohol... what an irresistable combination! Any idea how long this takes to post to your acct?

-A
I just signed up; will re-post once I see the mileage credit.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 2:00 am

When you sign up, you also have to accept at least 1 shipment (cheapest is $12/bottle; minimum of 2 bottles).
Old Jun 2, 2006, 6:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Does anyone actually have experience with this wine club? I'd do the one-order-and-cancel for the sign up miles, but I also like wine.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:09 am

I don't think they can ship to PA.

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:50 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, HHonors Gold
Wine Miles Cheaper than Instant Miles

As mentioned in another post, I was thinking I may have to buy about 5K Instant Miles for a SEA-BKK award. As it turns out, taking one four bottle shipment of the "California Treasures" club earns 2490 miles at $0.024 per mile, whereas the instant miles cost $0.025 per mile. A small difference, to be sure, but in the former case, I also get 4 bottles of wine! I'm curious to see how the wine is.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:12 pm

Programs: several
You can't do it to Canada either, correct?
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:13 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
Anybody signed up already?
Old Jun 6, 2006, 7:03 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG
Delaware

not included in the available states to ship too!
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:18 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OrcasIslander
As mentioned in another post, I was thinking I may have to buy about 5K Instant Miles for a SEA-BKK award. As it turns out, taking one four bottle shipment of the "California Treasures" club earns 2490 miles at $0.024 per mile, whereas the instant miles cost $0.025 per mile. A small difference, to be sure, but in the former case, I also get 4 bottles of wine! I'm curious to see how the wine is.

For those in disqualifying states, order a $5 corkscrew. I think the terms state any purchase to qualify for the 2,250 bonus miles.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
For those in disqualifying states, order a $5 corkscrew. I think the terms state any purchase to qualify for the 2,250 bonus miles.
It says on the front page "Earn 2,250 miles for enrolling in any club." The T&C aren't explicit, but they do reference "wine club enrollment miles." Seems you actually have to join a club.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Delta SkyMiles Silver, ICH Ambassador
Nice reds

Originally Posted by zzyzx
Anybody signed up already?
I signed up for the high end club "Elevant Society" and just received my first shipment...a French Syrah (very good) and an Australian Shiraz--Sieber Rd. Barossa Valley(exellent) I had been thinking of joining a wine club anyway, so this was great timing. ^
Old Jun 7, 2006, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Alaska Airlines is pleased to announce Vinesse Wine Club as a New Mileage Plan Partner.

Now you can earn Mileage Plan Miles when you subscribe to the Vinesse Wine Club. You'll receive 2,250 miles just for signing up—plus 5 miles for every dollar you spend on wine and merchandise. There are plenty of clubs to choose from and you'll get wine and miles every month!

http://www.vinesse.com
WHERE'S GOUCHO1? Isn't he a wine expert? Please advise! Sounds good to me!
Old Jun 11, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
I just signed-up for the Wine Club without buying anything ( no wine sales in FL) - if you click on Wine Clubs and scroll to the bottom, you just have to enter your e-mail and AS number - then hit submit. Now I'll have to wait and see if the miles actually get credited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.