Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 7, 03, 11:15 pm   #1

Airport Security and Laptops

Iím strictly a vacation flyer and the last thing I want with me on a holiday is a computer. However, due to unexpected time constraints, what had originally been planned as a leisurely car trip to a family reunion has turned into a flying one. And you canít do a family reunion and all its genealogy without a computer.

Which finally brings me to the question: how are laptops screened at airport security?
greybeardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 03, 11:40 pm   #2

Location: AS MVP Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Battle Ground, WA
You have to take it out of your bag, and put it into a bin to go thru xray. Not a big deal.
hsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 03, 8:42 pm   #3

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
And it will not hurt your laptop. Although I would never know if it hurt mine, since I am such a computer illiterate.
One suggestion, if you will.... Put some type of identifying mark on your laptop both top and bottom, ie, a sticker, highly recognizable business card, etc. People have similar laptops and tend to grab the first gray box and walk away. If this happens to you and you have a password protected laptop, you will NEVER see it again. ORD disposes of at least 20 a month.
MrPaul0722 is offline   Reply With Quote