Airport Security and Laptops

Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Airport Security and Laptops

Im strictly a vacation flyer and the last thing I want with me on a holiday is a computer. However, due to unexpected time constraints, what had originally been planned as a leisurely car trip to a family reunion has turned into a flying one. And you cant do a family reunion and all its genealogy without a computer.

Which finally brings me to the question: how are laptops screened at airport security?
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75, Starwood Gold, Virgin Gold
You have to take it out of your bag, and put it into a bin to go thru xray. Not a big deal.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 8:42 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
And it will not hurt your laptop. Although I would never know if it hurt mine, since I am such a computer illiterate.
One suggestion, if you will.... Put some type of identifying mark on your laptop both top and bottom, ie, a sticker, highly recognizable business card, etc. People have similar laptops and tend to grab the first gray box and walk away. If this happens to you and you have a password protected laptop, you will NEVER see it again. ORD disposes of at least 20 a month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.