Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Booked one way award now need round trip question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AS doesn't do one way awards, when I booked tickets for my wife and daughter they only needed one way tickets. Things changed so now need to change them to round trip. Can I just call AS and add the return for no extra miles and just the extra TSA fee?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I am quite certain that AS does one way awards, especially if you're flying AS metal.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If you booked KE which is the last remaining partner with RT only award pricing you should be able to add a return for just the taxes. If its one of the run-out awards on DL, no changes only cancellations allowed. All other partners are priced as one way awards.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
AS doesn't do one way awards, when I booked tickets for my wife and daughter they only needed one way tickets. Things changed so now need to change them to round trip. Can I just call AS and add the return for no extra miles and just the extra TSA fee?
I know Alaska does one away awards. I do it all the time. I often by one way tickets because it is so much easier. And when fares are 7,500 miles on a special I absolutely book it. I might pay for a return then, its all the total price. Just did it last month - took the family to San Diego....7,500 miles outbound x 5 for 30K total (so a deal) and paid for the return.

Go on and do another award for the other way, or buy one outright depending on the fare.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
I know Alaska does one away awards. I do it all the time. I often by one way tickets because it is so much easier. And when fares are 7,500 miles on a special I absolutely book it. I might pay for a return then, its all the total price. Just did it last month - took the family to San Diego....7,500 miles outbound x 5 for 30K total (so a deal) and paid for the return.

Go on and do another award for the other way, or buy one outright depending on the fare.
Interesting paid 40k miles each for SFO to OGG. Looked at RT first then realized needed OW. Price came out to 40k each both times.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Interesting paid 40k miles each for SFO to OGG. Looked at RT first then realized needed OW. Price came out to 40k each both times.
there are various level of award on alaska flights due to supply and demand.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbd456
there are various level of award on alaska flights due to supply and demand.
Only been usin AS 1 year so all is new to me. Was UA and knew them inside out. Thanks everyone.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Doesn't mean they don't do one ways. I've booked more one way awards than I can remember over the years. Just booked RNO-SEA for my daughter last minute a few weeks ago, no round trip required, 12.5k.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Doesn't mean they don't do one ways. I've booked more one way awards than I can remember over the years. Just booked RNO-SEA for my daughter last minute a few weeks ago, no round trip required, 12.5k.
Could have sworn I read they didn't but obviously I remembered wrong.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Hawaii has way too many award levels now. For Hawaii, anywhere from 17.5k to 40K each way depending on availability. Surprisingly some 15K awards too which could be an error since its not reflected in the chart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.