Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to 7H (Ravn Alaska) partnership?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Changes to 7H (Ravn Alaska) partnership?

I don't normally gossip about baseless rumors, but with this one I wonder if, where there is smoke, there is fire.

In ADQ, two people who would know such things have said to look for the AS/7H (7H is Ravn Alaska, if you don't know) codeshare to end.

Going to the AS website, you aren't able to book connections to Ravn to the cities they serve (ENA, HOM, ADQ, VDZ).

When calling AS to attempt to book a PDX-ENA flight, the agent says she can see seats open on Ravn but can't book them, and that Ravn is about to "go through a significant change".

Seems like something is brewing in Alaska.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Once the H6 flights went away as awards... RAVN hasn't meant much to me. Hope KS sticks as a partner (think they should- not much overlap (aside from summer seasonal) and they provide aircraft/crews for DUT.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
It wouldn't surprise me they already trimmed back in 2014 when many overlaping routes became ineligible for earnings and redemption in the Northern and Eastern parts of the state. It was only a matter of time before the same happens headed South.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
It wouldn't surprise me they already trimmed back in 2014 when many overlaping routes became ineligible for earnings and redemption in the Northern and Eastern parts of the state. It was only a matter of time before the same happens headed South.
Was there a time you could earn on competing routes? The prohibition on earning on FAI-ANC, FAI-BRW, and FAI-SCC existed in the Frontier Flying Service days. I think FAI-OME was excluded too.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:35 pm

This doesn't make sence unless either 7H or AS are planning on expanding into more of the others routes. I would be shocked if smaller Alaska markets are on AS's radar anymore. Is a 7H expansion comming? Or something more sinister?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aliquot
Was there a time you could earn on competing routes? The prohibition on earning on FAI-ANC, FAI-BRW, and FAI-SCC existed in the Frontier Flying Service days. I think FAI-OME was excluded too.
I must have been mistaking earnings with redemptions.

Effective April 1, 2014, Ravn Alaska awards cannot be redeemed for travel between Anchorage and Barrow, Bethel, Fairbanks or Prudhoe Bay, or between Fairbanks and Prudhoe Bay.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
This doesn't make sence unless either 7H or AS are planning on expanding into more of the others routes. I would be shocked if smaller Alaska markets are on AS's radar anymore. Is a 7H expansion comming? Or something more sinister?
E175's are the current rumor inbound to replace the 73Q.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

I've earned AS miles while flying 7H on FAI-ANC as recently as January.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Corvus operations (or Ravn, Era, hagelands, whatever they are going by) is like a roller coaster, so who knows. Even KS is having some operational issues the are working thru (Saab 2000 & pilots)
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:09 am
Original Poster

If not for the lack of TSA in ENA, HOM, and VDZ, I would not be at all surprised to see AS eventually buy Ravn's commuter ops in Southcentral Alaska and roll it into AAG, or even just rebrand it as Horizon.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Corvus operations (or Ravn, Era, hagelands, whatever they are going by) is like a roller coaster, so who knows. Even KS is having some operational issues the are working thru (Saab 2000 & pilots)
The KS Saab 2000's look nice. But I'll miss the extra fueling stops. I think the FT'ers were the only happy ones to stop in CDB coming back from DUT a few years back
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I even went back to the 2015 version using the way back machine and the same earning disclaimer was there so its not new

No mileage may be earned on flights from Anchorage to Barrow, Bethel, Dillingham, Fairbanks, or Prudhoe Bay. No mileage may be earned between Fairbanks and Barrow, Kotzebue, Nome, or Prudhoe Bay, or between Barrow and or Prudhoe Bay.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alaska Travelgram on Facebook posted 2 things about 12 hours ago

Alaska Airlines has suspended its code-share agreement with Ravn Alaska. This is a developing story.
Ravn Alaska has a new CEO: David Pflieger, a veteran of Fiji Airways, Virgin America and Delta. This is a developing story.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Alaska Travelgram on Facebook posted 2 things about 12 hours ago
I wonder of this is DL's way to get into the intra-Alaska market. I think AS is going to have tough go of it the next few years.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
If they're partnering with Delta, that would make sense - it'll give their travelers in Alaska a way to earn SkyMiles. However, it's no real competition. Folks predicted their demise in Seattle when Delta broke up with Alaska and they came out of it stronger; I don't think competition in the state of Alaska will do anything but make Alaska better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.