Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is COS-SEA-COS being canceled?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:10 am

Non-paywalled link https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...do-spr-441200/
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm wondering why, then, AS isn't doing proactive re-booking for those of us with this route booked in November and beyond? Or maybe there is some hope that something might change in the next month? I've sent a note to the AS Twitter rep asking that they escalate the issue to someone might be able to comment definitively.

ETA Twitter exchange just now:

I recommend reaching out to our reservations team to see if rebooking is necessary. (800) 252-7522 -XXX
XXX, thanks, but I've done that. At this point reservations doesn't know anything about this issue. I'm suggesting that somehow this get bumped up to someone who can make a decision and communicate it about this before last minute re-bookings are necessary. Thanks as always for your speedy response.
We will definitely share your concerns with our leadership.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 15, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm wondering why, then, AS isn't doing proactive re-booking for those of us with this route booked in November and beyond? Or maybe there is some hope that something might change in the next month? I've sent a note to the AS Twitter rep asking that they escalate the issue to someone might be able to comment definitively.

ETA Twitter exchange just now:
missy can be helpful in these areas to expedite action.

if you have to end up flying to Denver, they might give you a voucher for transportation to COS (shuttle or rental car).
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:24 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier

if you have to end up flying to Denver, they might give you a voucher for transportation to COS (shuttle or rental car).
@missydarlin
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

or a voucher on AS's newest partner Greyhound--with nationwide service--leave the driving to us.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the link.

So when is the last time QX ended service to a city?

I remember somewhere in Canada a few years back...
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Another data point, although not sure what it means: When checking my reservation that includes COS-SEA-COS segments with the "Claim an Airfare Credit Tool," instead of either details about a fare drop or the "You already have the lowest fare" message I get the following:

This reservation is ineligible for online Guaranteed Airfare credit. For assistance please contact us

Error Code: -211027
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Thanks for the link.

The briefly tried YXS (Prince George, BC), and wasn't there also YKA (Kamloops) at one point.

With the Canadian dollar rising against the US counterpart, I can see this happening again; as well as additional service from the South Vancouver (BLI) airport.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by CZBB
The briefly tried YXS (Prince George, BC), and wasn't there also YKA (Kamloops) at one point.

With the Canadian dollar rising against the US counterpart, I can see this happening again; as well as additional service from the South Vancouver (BLI) airport.
They bailed surprisingly quickly on Prince George. YXS-SEA might see a comeback but I'd say DL would be far more likely at this point.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

My COS-SEA-COS legs canceled Saturday night. Missy let me know today after I reached out to her. Surprised I didn't get an automated email/text.

So it means a drive to/from DEN.

This isn't going to be a happy discovery for a lot of Colo Spgs folks.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by beckoa
Thanks for the link.

QX ended service to places out of LAX not TOO long ago. QX flew ACV-LAX, for instance.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CZBB

YXS is the one I was thinking of... was googling St. George, but that's an OO base in the United States...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Today (9/19), Frontier announced new COS-SEA service.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Hardly a substitute though.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Hardly a substitute though.
Why? Did you mean not a "good substitute"? What planes do they fly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.