Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Status Calculator Tool

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
This is great... however, doesn't look like you've taken the 500 mile minimum into account (easy to get around if you just put 500 in though...)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
This is great... however, doesn't look like you've taken the 500 mile minimum into account (easy to get around if you just put 500 in though...)
Correct I did not even know about that, LOL.

I've made the correction and the link is updated with the new version. Thank you travelmonkey.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:30 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
So, what's the best way to update the spreadsheet with the new link, yet keep all the data I inputted last night?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by cblaisd
So, what's the best way to update the spreadsheet with the new link, yet keep all the data I inputted last night?
I just downloaded the new one and did a copy/paste from the old to the new...

Very nice work EbonyTatas - this has taken a lot of the guesswork out of my path to 75k this year
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by Rich Boykin
Very nice work EbonyTatas - this has taken a lot of the guesswork out of my path to 75k this year
I second that! Nice work!

You could add a Million Mile calculator. Keeping in mind Class of Service bonus does not apply to MM.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Nice work!

A suggestion: this is probably not a high-demand feature but some of us (painfully) achieve status via segments in certain years. It would be nice if the spreadsheet accounted for that too.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:43 am

For an instant upgrade fare I purchased, confirmation email shows U class. Is there any way to find what fare class that originally was?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
For an instant upgrade fare I purchased, confirmation email shows U class. Is there any way to find what fare class that originally was?
You can call in and ask the agent what the underlying fare class was. They will happily advise. In the future when booking an instant upgrade fare the upgrade will not take place until after purchase so the itinerary will have the fare class originally booked which you can note before purchase.

Cheers!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You can call in and ask the agent what the underlying fare class was. They will happily advise. In the future when booking an instant upgrade fare the upgrade will not take place until after purchase so the itinerary will have the fare class originally booked which you can note before purchase.

Cheers!
I recently entered all my 2017 flights into the ET's calculator and have a fair number of U class upgrades. The way I dealt with it (and all my other fare class questions) was to just download my flight history from as.com as an Excel spreadsheet and pick the fare class that matches the actual bonus granted. There can be multiple classes that grant the same bonus but it's good enough for status calculation purposes.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by IStream
Nice work!

A suggestion: this is probably not a high-demand feature but some of us (painfully) achieve status via segments in certain years. It would be nice if the spreadsheet accounted for that too.
Ouch, that is painful.......do you have link you could provide to the 'rules' for segment qualification (specifically any fare class bonuses)? I've noticed before I get credited for extra segments on partners but never really paid close attention since I don't normally qualify that route.

If I have some time this weekend I'll see if I can tweak the spreadsheet for you.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BarryL
I second that! Nice work!

You could add a Million Mile calculator. Keeping in mind Class of Service bonus does not apply to MM.
Hi Barry! I didn't think to do that since the rest of the spreadsheet will be obsolete after 2017 when some of the partner agreements changes and figured nobody would use the sheet for this feature. If you wanted to track million mile status separately, my suggestion would be to add a column in your personal copy of the file. You can add a column in starting in cell K9 called "Million Mile Tracking" or something. Then copy and paste this formula into cell K10 and copy it down the entire table:

=SUMIF($C$10:C10,"AlaskaAirlines",$E$10:E10)+x

where 'x' at the end of the formula would represent your starting balance towards million mile status.

This will track only the miles flown (no class bonus) on flights operated by Alaska.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by EbonyTatas
Ouch, that is painful.......do you have link you could provide to the 'rules' for segment qualification (specifically any fare class bonuses)? I've noticed before I get credited for extra segments on partners but never really paid close attention since I don't normally qualify that route.

If I have some time this weekend I'll see if I can tweak the spreadsheet for you.
As far as I know, there are no segment bonuses of any kind. On AS, a segment is a segment whether flown in full-fare F or a cut-rate fare bucket. I believe the same is true of their EQM partners. AS's own verbiage on this is "Segments flown on Alaska Airlines, Virgin America, and elite-qualifying partner airlines."

My take on this is that if a partner flight qualifies for EQMs, it qualifies as a segment, even if those EQMs are earned at a fraction of miles flown. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me but this makes it pretty simple to calculate segment qualification: 30 for MVP, 60 for Gold, 90 for 75K.

I made 75K last year on segments and it basically meant flying every week except for vacation weeks. No bueno.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by IStream
I made 75K last year on segments and it basically meant flying every week except for vacation weeks. No bueno.
75k on segments sounds really rough.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by quemalo
75k on segments sounds really rough.
I'd honestly prefer a revenue-based 75K qual over a segment qual at the current level. I think 30/60/80 would be more reasonable.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Thanks for all the work. An awesome tool!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.