Go Back   > > >

Old Jul 17, 17, 3:26 pm   #1
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, AS Board Room, WR
QF ticket EK flight credit to AS?

I'm wondering if anyone has experience getting Alaska Airlines miles for flying on Emirates with a Qantas ticket.

Specifically what I am looking at booking is Cairo to Dubai on Emirates followed by Dubai to Sydney on Qantas. This would be a Qantas ticket. The first flight has a Qantas flight number but is operated by Emirates.

The Alaska Airlines earning website on the Emirates page says that, "Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify."

This quote does not appear on the other Airline earning pages such as Qantas, British Airways, and American.

One thing to note is that when I have flown American and British Airways on the same ticket, often not all the flights will credit automatically to Alaska Airlines. However, after manuals mission of boarding passes, they all credit it. The similar situation has happened with Delta and KLM Air France.

Initially I thought it would be reasonable that this Cairo to Dubai Emirates flight with also credit after manuals mission of boarding pass to Alaska Airlines. However, since the Alaska website clearly states that Emirates flights must be on Emirates tickets, I'm wondering if this is really the case?

Has anyone run across this?
JimmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 17, 4:12 pm   #2

Programs: Hilton & IHG Gold, MALINDO AIR, ANA, JAL, ALASKA
Good question. I am also interested in the answer as the Cairo-DXB flight may fall between the cracks
davistev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 17, 2:10 am   #3
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, AS Board Room, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by davistev View Post
Good question. I am also interested in the answer as the Cairo-DXB flight may fall between the cracks
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But then again, AS has always seems liberal with crediting all sorts of co-share flights to qualify even though the flight numbers fall outside of the AS recognized flight numbers.
JimmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 17, 12:34 pm   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG | ExUA 1K | TK Elite | Milepoint Gold | Greyhound RR
Expect to not get credit and hope that you go. That's usually the best way to approach partner operated by a partner flights.
CDKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 17, 1:24 am   #5

Programs: AS MVPG75k, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
It's been a while, but i'm pretty sure I flew the opposite and ended up getting credit (QF flight on EK ticket) last summer... I usually don't put my number in the system for the flights and send in the BP manually after the flight since 9 time out of 10 they're not picked up even with the number on the ticket

Agree with CDKing, don't expect it, but try anyways
travelmonkey05 is offline   Reply With Quote