Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage service guarantee "expired"?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Baggage service guarantee "expired"?

Our bags were delayed well beyond the 20 minute guarantee, so we made the claim. Got the forms, and tried to claim them when we got home (at end of a 2-week trip).

Went to Alaskaair.com/bag16 as directed, and screen says something like "offer expired, all claims had to be made by 1/31/17" - ??
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Apparently that was a link specific to 2016 claims. Seriously, change the the URL to /bag17.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, tried that, and now says "authorization code not valid" and I KNOW I entered it correctly.

The program ID associated with the code does still end in "16".

Really p-od that is seems they shunted us off with codes they knew would not be valid!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Contact AS
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by CDKing
Contact AS
Yup. I have received expired vouchers before myself. If you call they can fix it
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just call/email AS.

Which station was this?

Imagine someone didn't toss the old ones when they expired; not sure it was nefarious.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by beckoa
Just call/email AS.

Imagine someone didn't toss the old ones when they expired; not sure it was nefarious.
I'm going to +1 this. Why is it when an error occurs we shift to the statement "they intentionally screwed/lied to me?"
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Wait, there are forms for the bag guarantee? I always just send a private message on Twitter to @AlaskaAir and they credit me the miles instantly.

Neil
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by missamo80
Wait, there are forms for the bag guarantee? I always just send a private message on Twitter to @AlaskaAir and they credit me the miles instantly.

Neil
Yes, there is a slip that the baggage office can give out. Most people never claim them so there is rarely a line to get them.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Yes, there is a slip that the baggage office can give out. Most people never claim them so there is rarely a line to get them.
I've seen it all over the map:
- No line because nobody claims it
- Taking forever because they wanted to document the bag tag info
- Running out of forms so they had to do CS comp for each person which took a while
- To shaming passengers because they were only a couple minutes over 20 (nice try, gimme my cert).
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
There can be in ANC

The baggage office can be quite interesting, especially with all the bags they have 'ready to go' in the event there is damage to a bag.

Plus the car seats...
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by channa
- To shaming passengers because they were only a couple minutes over 20 (nice try, gimme my cert).
Had this in PHL when AS first started service... just sent an email in this case.

Some outstations one cannot find anyone either...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by beckoa
There can be in ANC

The baggage office can be quite interesting, especially with all the bags they have 'ready to go' in the event there is damage to a bag.

Plus the car seats...
My co-worker flew up from Cali and was used to the inferior airlines , AS lost her bag in ANC, much to her surprise the agent opened up a vault full of bags. She of course picked a fancy bag ^
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 98103
I'm going to +1 this. Why is it when an error occurs we shift to the statement "they intentionally screwed/lied to me?"
You're right, I should not have jumped to that conclusion.

I'll call AS today.

And for the person who asked, it was EWR.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
My co-worker flew up from Cali and was used to the inferior airlines , AS lost her bag in ANC, much to her surprise the agent opened up a vault full of bags. She of course picked a fancy bag ^
Those of us who were at the BRW DO toured this area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.