Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie question on Alaska Award Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Newbie question on Alaska Award Flight

I'm trying to read the wiki to get better understanding. I found this in the wiki section.

The only awards that do not break at HKG are intra-Asia or North American ones. For instance, Australia-Europe/Middle East/Asia outside of HKG will be two awards (breaking at HKG). The AS website can be misleading about this.

Does that mean I could use HKG as a stopover on DFW-SYD? (In order to take CX, I will probably have to do something like DFW-SEA-LAX to take CX flight).
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by newbie2008
I'm trying to read the wiki to get better understanding. I found this in the wiki section.

The only awards that do not break at HKG are intra-Asia or North American ones. For instance, Australia-Europe/Middle East/Asia outside of HKG will be two awards (breaking at HKG). The AS website can be misleading about this.

Does that mean I could use HKG as a stopover on DFW-SYD? (In order to take CX, I will probably have to do something like DFW-SEA-LAX to take CX flight).
I think they are referring in the wiki that intra-asia and North America awards do not have to start or end in HKG. North America to Australia award on CX allows connection in HKG (north america awards get stop-over as well as intra-asia do not). If there is saver award space on Alaska and CX space available you should be able to book DFW-SEA-LAX-HKG-SYD with HKG stop-over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.