Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to credit CX marketed flight operated by BA to AS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it possible to credit CX marketed flight operated by BA to AS?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question Is it possible to credit CX marketed flight operated by BA to AS?

The flight I'm enquiring about is labelled CX7106 in fare class V on my ticket. If this flight is marketed by CX but operated by BA, would I get 50% of miles flown by crediting to AS?

Does the V fare code mean BA's V class or CX's V class?

After CX7106, I have connecting flight CX254 (operated and marketed by CX) on the same itinerary. If I credit miles earned on CX7106 to BA/AA and miles earned on CX254 to AS, am I going to mess up the system? Are we allowed to credit each segment of an itinerary to a different frequent flyer number?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hightide
Are we allowed to credit each segment of an itinerary to a different frequent flyer number?
Easiest way to do that is pull the FF numbers from ALL segments, mail in your boarding pass for each segment to the respective airline FF program...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by hightide
The flight I'm enquiring about is labelled CX7106 in fare class V on my ticket. If this flight is marketed by CX but operated by BA, would I get 50% of miles flown by crediting to AS?

Does the V fare code mean BA's V class or CX's V class?
AS will credit it as a BA flight. You'll have to get your BA PNR from CX and then look up the BA itinerary to find the fare class that the codeshare maps to. That's what AS will credit on. Or from your boarding pass after checking in.

Technically, partner codeshares won't earn AS miles but in practice, as long as both the operating and marketing carriers are both AS partners, AS will credit.

Save your boarding passes! You'll need them to submit for retro credit. I like to take a picture of the BPs on my phone when I get them in case the gate agent collects them on boarding or I misplace it later.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks a lot for the information eponymous and rusty
Looks like best course of action is credit them all to AS. I'm surprised AA is so stingy -- 0% miles for CX V class!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Does BA V map to CX V?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Does BA V map to CX V?
Yep, they are both 50% on Alaska.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.