Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Y Food Better than F Food?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
They can tell who is in F and who is in Y by looking at who is sitting in the 2x2 seats and the 3x3 seats...
And here all this time I had no idea QX is an all F fleet!

Hawaii flights definitely have superior offerings in F.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:50 pm

Pre-ordered the cheese plate in Y, and after being upgraded they still had it on my PNR and brought it to me upfront. The F food was decent though, I ate a little of my wife's brisket thing and other than needing some spicy kick to it, I liked it. And I guess the tortillas were a bit hard, but that's a lot harder for them to fix other than going with corn tortillas.

The La Marca prosecco in coach is better than the California champagne in first.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:56 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm really loving, on the whole, my move to AS, but the F food that I've had has been really not-good and often too mushroom infested and the portions incredibly tiny. I keep hoping for another flight where the cheeseburger is again being served. That's probably the best meal I've had on AS ever When in F, I'll listen to what's offered but most of the time now I ask for a fruit-and-cheese plate; am 50/50 on whether I'm asked to pay for it (and when I am, I always send an email gripe).

Never thought about asking for two of them, although that's a capital idea!
Old May 30, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
Originally Posted by cblaisd
too mushroom infested
If you should ever suffer from a mushroom infestation on a flight between NYC and SEA, I will get it sorted out for you. No charge.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by pcoll
To answer original question posed....
Yes.
+1 (except for long-hauls )
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa

Then again, I am not enamored by the cheese plate either.
Until he found out that the fruit and cheese plate was sourced from Sam's Club it was his favorite "snack" on the plane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.