Wiki Posts
Search

First mile run help!

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Yes this is so true, the only reason I want to get the status so one day I can get 75k to get 50000 mile from alaska and will get the VIP code so I can take my family for first class with those code.
75K requires 90,000 miles flown on partners. Better look for more mistake fares because many coach fares only earn 25% of miles flown.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Stop looking at AA's program earning rates and rules if you're going to use the AS program. Different rules and rates which will only further confuse you.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Stop looking at AA's program earning rates and rules if you're going to use the AS program. Different rules and rates which will only further confuse you.
To be frank, OP, it sounds like you jumped into this without much prior research and are in a little over your head now. You need to do the math on what you'll actually have to spend to get MVP Gold or 75k as opposed to what monetary value you'll extract from the benefits. Just as one example, those Gold Guest Upgrade certificates can't be applied to any fare, and in some situations you'll have to pay for a more expensive ticket to use them. In others you might be able to find four reasonably-priced, eligible fares but no upgrade space available at time of purchase. As a number of us (myself included) can attest from going on some Virgin America mileage runs this year, it's certainly possible to extract a lot of value from mistake fares, but it's not as simple as it might seem to the inexperienced.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by jinglish
To be frank, OP, it sounds like you jumped into this without much prior research and are in a little over your head now. You need to do the math on what you'll actually have to spend to get MVP Gold or 75k as opposed to what monetary value you'll extract from the benefits. Just as one example, those Gold Guest Upgrade certificates can't be applied to any fare, and in some situations you'll have to pay for a more expensive ticket to use them. In others you might be able to find four reasonably-priced, eligible fares but no upgrade space available at time of purchase. As a number of us (myself included) can attest from going on some Virgin America mileage runs this year, it's certainly possible to extract a lot of value from mistake fares, but it's not as simple as it might seem to the inexperienced.
+1
Old May 22, 2017, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusing because this flight i book under AA, so I thought I need to use AA chart. Could you tell me if the chart below will use for flight from AA for AS credit? thank you!

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx

Originally Posted by jinglish
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
+1
Thank you for the input, and yes you are correct. I am way over my head, and for now I will just work my way up for MVP gold. Good thing I ask your guys to clarify those mile run otherwise I will just waste of my time, again your guys are the best thanks a lot!
Old May 22, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Yes that is the the correst Alaska Air page to determine earning rates for the AA operated legs credited to AS.
Is the JFK-LAS segements operated by AS or AA?
Old May 22, 2017, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Yes that is the the correst Alaska Air page to determine earning rates for the AA operated legs credited to AS.
Is the JFK-LAS segements operated by AS or AA?
It operated by AA, and there is no AS leg for my 6 round trip! from now on I will bookmark this page if I want to credit other airplane to Alaska
Old May 23, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I asked a MOD to move this to the AS forum for focused answers.

Each flight will earn you X elite qualify miles and Y reward miles.
The EQMs reset each year starting January first and your elite status will be for this year (2017) and follow through to the following year (2018). Then it will expire unless you fly enough to requalify.
In the past, the status follow-through to the following year didn't kick in until the fall. Not sure what the situation is now. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny ....
Old May 23, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dave1013
In the past, the status follow-through to the following year didn't kick in until the fall. Not sure what the situation is now. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny ....
That's for status match. They were referring to the earned EQM, where you are earning for next years status.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:58 am
Original Poster

One more question, do your guys know how many Point I can earn for 3 round trip? I mean the point earn to use to book an award on Alaska for domestic and internation? thanks!
Old May 23, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
One more question, do your guys know how many Point I can earn for 3 round trip? I mean the point earn to use to book an award on Alaska for domestic and internation? thanks!
See post 12

RDM = (Base miles (100%) + Fare Bonus (50%)) + Elite Bonus (50%).

To calculate the exact base miles for each on of your trips I recommend entering them into GCMap.Com
Old May 23, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madone59
See post 12

RDM = (Base miles (100%) + Fare Bonus (50%)) + Elite Bonus (50%).

To calculate the exact base miles for each on of your trips I recommend entering them into GCMap.Com
So what you are saying for exempt

RDM + (base mile 7K) + Fare Bonus (3.5K) + Elite Bonus (3.5K) = total 14K right? I just want to make sure I understand it correct? thanks!
Old May 23, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These are approximations since miles may slighhtly differe from great circle map totals

If general member
7952 (base RDM/EQM) + 3976 (Class of service RDM/EQM) = 11928 RDM/EQM

If MVP
7952 (base RDM/EQM) + 3976 (Class of service RDM/EQM) + 3976 (Elite bonus RDM) = 11928 EQM / 15904 RDM
Attached Images  
Old May 23, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
These are approximations since miles may slighhtly differe from great circle map totals

If general member
7952 (base RDM/EQM) + 3976 (Class of service RDM/EQM) = 11928 RDM/EQM

If MVP
7952 (base RDM/EQM) + 3976 (Class of service RDM/EQM) + 3976 (Elite bonus RDM) = 11928 EQM / 15904 RDM
This is what i am looking for thank a lot guys your guys are the best ^
Old May 23, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
So what you are saying for exempt

RDM + (base mile 7K) + Fare Bonus (3.5K) + Elite Bonus (3.5K) = total 14K right? I just want to make sure I understand it correct? thanks!
No. As CDKing noted. The elite bonus is a multiple of the net not in addition to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.