Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Previous discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/872140-qx-intends-start-service-pae-paine-field-everett-wa.html
Print Wikipost

New Flights from Paine Field!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by Aliquot
should be faster than a bus
I think we can probably express travel time on light rail from Everett in light-years.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:55 pm

Recently the Everett Herald had an on line questionnaire about where AS should fly from PAE. The top four results from the list were in order Hawaii followed by Las Vegas then much further back metro LA and metro SF.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JPat
I think we can probably express travel time on light rail from Everett in light-years.
Light-years are a measurement of distance (specifically, the distance light travels in one year). As time, they're simply years, nothing more.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
What would travel time on light rail even be, 2 1/2 hours?
About 75 minutes - SeaTac-Lynnwood by itself is projected at an hour on the dot. Similar to SFO-OAK via BART.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by greybeardy
Recently the Everett Herald had an on line questionnaire about where AS should fly from PAE. The top four results from the list were in order Hawaii followed by Las Vegas then much further back metro LA and metro SF.
It might support a 2x weekly nonstop to Hawaii (Sat and Sun).
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by greybeardy
Leisure travelers vs. Business travelers I presume.

If I'm still out here in the Puget Sound in 20 years, use of the LINK Light Rail from SEA-PNE would be kinda funny.

Also gonna put my hat in for a PNE Do
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by akelkar

If I'm still out here in the Puget Sound in 20 years, use of the LINK Light Rail from SEA-PNE would be kinda funny.

I live in the North Seattle area and would consider trying out Paine Field if it was during a high traffic time to get to Sea-Tac. I worry about the noise factor though. Will there be a cap during the night time for these flights?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ffman999
I live in the North Seattle area and would consider trying out Paine Field if it was during a high traffic time to get to Sea-Tac. I worry about the noise factor though. Will there be a cap during the night time for these flights?
There are already 300+ flights a day to/from Paine Field using big jets. There are no limitations on flights other than those that are already part of the Paine Field Noise Abatement Procedures.

Neil
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:34 pm

"PNE" is the airport code for Northeast Philadelphia Airport! Be amazing if the LINK Light Rail went that far, but at the present speed of LINK's construction, it would take at least 851 years (arbitrary number) to build it...
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The airport code for Paine is PAE, not PNE:

Last edited by dayone; Jun 25, 2017 at 1:22 pm Reason: Remove off-topic comments.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
United Airlines to Offer More Options for Seattle-Area Customers with Daily Service Between Paine Field and its Denver and San Francisco Hubs

http://newsroom.united.com/2017-08-1...Francisco-Hubs
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
United Airlines to Offer More Options for Seattle-Area Customers with Daily Service Between Paine Field and its Denver and San Francisco Hubs
So I was right!

Originally Posted by Cruss74
Looking at the busiest routes from SEA, SFO & DEN are #2 and #4 on the list, respectively, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a UAX flight to one or both of them.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

Perhaps UA will build a lounge that AS can contract with at PAE

Last edited by BOB W; Aug 10, 2017 at 7:27 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….

The Seattle Times article by Dominic Gates, in today's edition, notes that the commercial ops @ PAI will be restricted to
A 7AM-6PM window. I wonder how that is gonna play out in real time?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JPat
The Seattle Times article by Dominic Gates, in today's edition, notes that the commercial ops @ PAI will be restricted to
A 7AM-6PM window. I wonder how that is gonna play out in real time?
It was confirmed somewhere upthread that this isn't actually the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.