Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Awards Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
I know this thread seems to be mostly, or entirely, about J and F, but would just add a dp that I had no trouble at all today booking an AS award with EK in Y. Whether or not J and F issues are getting better, I have no information.
Thanks for the data point. I tried F yesterday and no luck.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
What is going on? Does Alaska not have space to EK F anymore? Why isn't Alaska addressing this issue? This kind of errors have happened in the past with EK and CX if I remember correctly.

Is there anyone that is affiliated with AS on these forums?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
What is going on? Does Alaska not have space to EK F anymore? Why isn't Alaska addressing this issue? This kind of errors have happened in the past with EK and CX if I remember correctly.

Is there anyone that is affiliated with AS on these forums?
missy_darlin is an AS employee, and she's already stated that the issue is being brought to EK's attention.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jinglish
missy_darlin is an AS employee, and she's already stated that the issue is being brought to EK's attention.
Well it's been a month.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Well it's been a month.
Took 6 months plus to get LAN fixed, but Aeromexico was "fixed" by downgrading the partnership. Be careful what you wish for...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What is going on? Does Alaska not have space to EK F anymore? Why isn't Alaska addressing this issue?
With the enhanced award charts, are there that many people that care to use AS miles to book EK F to begin with? I mean I love EK F, and love my AS miles, but the EK award chart (as of last March/April) is just absurd, which I presume was AS's goal....
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
With the enhanced award charts, are there that many people that care to use AS miles to book EK F to begin with? I mean I love EK F, and love my AS miles, but the EK award chart (as of last March/April) is just absurd, which I presume was AS's goal....
It may be absurd, but some of us will splurge and book F EK awards. There is no excuse to offer this, but it not to be actually available. It boils down to a bait-and-switch practice.

This is unacceptable.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:05 am

With the electronics ban, I hope you're connecting via YYZ instead of straight back to the US. That was the final straw for me; the massive award costs were bad enough, but not being able to use my laptop/tablet on a 14 hour flight is a deal breaker.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:16 am

Not bait and switch -- what are they switching you to?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Not bait and switch -- what are they switching you to?
Also I always thought that "bait and switch" is intentional. Do they mean to say that Alaska is doing it on purpose? If so, based on what evidence?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
It may be absurd, but some of us will splurge and book F EK awards. There is no excuse to offer this, but it not to be actually available. It boils down to a bait-and-switch practice.

This is unacceptable.
It is, but AS still offers much better F awards on other airlines and CX delivers a better service than EK does with its perennial inconsistencies.

I'm more concerned with the QF awards, I can't even find Premium Economy space using AS miles.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by Calculon
Also I always thought that "bait and switch" is intentional. Do they mean to say that Alaska is doing it on purpose? If so, based on what evidence?
There are a fair number of published legal cases (mostly criminal cases involving cocaine in a suitcase) where burying your head in the sand in attempt to ignore the truth constitutes intent (willful blindness). This issue has presumably been brought to Alaska many many times over a prolonged period. That probably constitutes (from a legal perspective) intent esp. when Alaska is so actively selling miles.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first
It is, but AS still offers much better F awards on other airlines and CX delivers a better service than EK does with its perennial inconsistencies.

I'm more concerned with the QF awards, I can't even find Premium Economy space using AS miles.
this has always been a problem. qantas never releases any award space, they occasionally will if you book a long ways out. It's not fair really, but it's more of a problem directly with QF. Since even their own members aren't getting access to awards.

With this EK problem, the space is there, AS just cannot confirm it due to an error on their end.

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
There are a fair number of published legal cases (mostly criminal cases involving cocaine in a suitcase) where burying your head in the sand in attempt to ignore the truth constitutes intent (willful blindness). This issue has presumably been brought to Alaska many many times over a prolonged period. That probably constitutes (from a legal perspective) intent esp. when Alaska is so actively selling miles.
Could not agree more. Very well said, and is exactly what I was getting at.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
An Alaska employee has stated that the issue has been escalated with Emirates, which would suggest at least one of two things: 1) At least part of the problem is on the EK side, and/or 2) they need EK's help to find it or repair it. Either way, it doesn't sound like "willful blindness". Unless they're lying.

People are understandably frustrated that they can't waste -- sorry, I mean "spend" -- their miles, but a conspiracy doesn't look likely to me.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calculon
An Alaska employee has stated that the issue has been escalated with Emirates, which would suggest at least one of two things: 1) At least part of the problem is on the EK side, and/or 2) they need EK's help to find it or repair it. Either way, it doesn't sound like "willful blindness". Unless they're lying.

People are understandably frustrated that they can't waste -- sorry, I mean "spend" -- their miles, but a conspiracy doesn't look likely to me.
Companies can say whatever they want. Results are what matter. It's been 6-8 weeks since this problem has been "escalated" and brought to their attention, and we have gotten no results. Meanwhile, they still advertise redemptions on Emirates. This is simply inexcusable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.