Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Awards Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
did you try to call and ask the agent to do a manual/long sell?

same error's happened to me on most all partners. it's exceptionally frustrating. if the space is there, sometimes a long sell will get it (if you can find an agent willing to do it...which isn't trivial)
I've found that only the agents who have worked for AS for a long time have any clue what this is or how to do it. The others seem clueless.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA, AS
I have not tried calling and asking for a long sell yet. The trip is tentative and I have other options in case this does not go through so I was going to give it a day or two to see if the problem was fixed. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will try a long sell next although the inventory I was looking at has not come back yet as it normally does a while after erroring out.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS
I guess I am one of the few who got EK award to work for me. At least, it was the important one way. Tried to book second award and could not get anything to work.

Was able to get business EK HNG - LAX for two. Seemed almost too easy at the time.
(I Was fully expecting an email from AS informing me it would not be honored)
Did not appreciate how lucky this was until trying to book LAX-SYD on EK.
After weeks of trying and phone calls to partner desk. I gave up.

Early one Sunday morning, suddenly saw Qantas on AS site. Was able to get AS/Qantas SEA - LAX (First)LAX- MEL (Business) MEL-SYD (First) Actually cost less miles, so that was great.
for 2 passengers.
Happy this finally worked for us. I can totally understand the frustration of those finding award and then not being able to make it happen. (Even Missy could only escalate the issue internally, when I inquired)
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:01 pm

Early one Sunday morning, suddenly saw Qantas on AS site. Was able to get AS/Qantas SEA - LAX (First)LAX- MEL (Business) MEL-SYD (First) Actually cost less miles, so that was great.
Wow you found a unicorn. How far out was this qantas LAX-MEL flight?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:28 pm

February 14, 2018
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nomii
Wow you found a unicorn. How far out was this qantas LAX-MEL flight?
This spurred me to double check my MEL-LAX route, currently on a long ago-procured EK F award, also next February. But, alas, unicorns do not appear to run in herds .
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: ek
Tried calling for a manual/long sell , they said they don't have that ability for partner awards. Purchased 180K miles yesterday for an EK F ticket Monday but can't even book it !

Edit: spoke to partner desk, apparently emirates shows availability but when they request the seat to book it shows unavailable...going to wait until monday afternoon to see if issue fixes itself, if not guess im paying flex first

funny because on EF it shows 1 seats occupied and 1 seat blocked out of 14 with fare codes; F4 A4

Last edited by chrisk1; Jun 24, 2017 at 2:01 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:48 pm

This is what has been happening to most of us.
Shows available but unable to book by partner desk. They have no idea why.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by chrisk1
Tried calling for a manual/long sell , they said they don't have that ability for partner awards. Purchased 180K miles yesterday for an EK F ticket Monday but can't even book it !

Edit: spoke to partner desk, apparently emirates shows availability but when they request the seat to book it shows unavailable...going to wait until monday afternoon to see if issue fixes itself, if not guess im paying flex first

funny because on EF it shows 1 seats occupied and 1 seat blocked out of 14 with fare codes; F4 A4
Good luck. I had an EK award Europe to US a month ago, and needed to change the dates by 24hrs. All were available. Manual sell didn't work. Had to cancel the whole award and book alternate plans.

EK always shows F4A4 on all their routes even when cabin is completely empty. When you book a paid F fare, it will go back to F4A4 unless there are truly less than 4 seats available.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
This is what has been happening to most of us.
Shows available but unable to book by partner desk. They have no idea why.
This is driving me so crazy I have wasted ~6 hours of my life trying to book, with 2 calls in to reservations. They keep telling me that there isn't availability on the flights I'm trying to book - however I had them check every single flight from the US - DXB - DXB - DPS business class between mid September and end of November and they said all are booked. I find that really hard to believe.

I switched my game plan and tried booking JAL instead, same error. What on earth is going on! I need a vacation LOL.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by cfobean
I switched my game plan and tried booking JAL instead, same error. What on earth is going on!
AS IT sucks. AS management does not care.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Any updates on this if AS has fixed it?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Sign saying it's busted is still up on the AS site.

I would imagine you can keep checking that...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
my recommendation - don't hold your breath as it might be a long wait

i just hope this doesn't go the way of AM awards
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
This is so annoying. I have another trip coming up to Europe where I want to redeem for F and really pissed that I cannot redeem my miles AGAIN for EK.

This is ridiculous already. How incompetent is AS's IT department?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.